Mastriano Turns To Fasting And Jesus To Rescue Drowning Campaign

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

Today is the start of GOP Pennsylvania gubernatorial nominee Doug Mastriano’s “40 days of fasting and prayer” campaign that’s set to end on Election Day, as you can see here:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1433921
1 Like

I think 40 days in the desert would be good for Mr. Mastriano! :slight_smile:
(Not really first…)

48 Likes

the Lee County sheriff said on national TV that while he doesn’t have confirmed numbers, “fatalities are in the hundreds” and thousands of people are awaiting rescue.

Watching coverage on TV right now.

21 Likes

…according to the Philadelphia Inquirer, [Mastriano]’s going on podcasts and asking Americans living abroad to send him cash.

Man, is Mastriano clueless – something on the far side of 70% of all of us ex-pats are Dems. If I’m sending anyone money, it’s his competition!

63 Likes

OnLY a SataniST or Atheist apostaTe woulD questION the legitimacy of THE sUPReme COurt DecisIONS THaT coNFIRM AmericA is a CHristiaN nation.

44 Likes

New Mind-Boggling Trump Tales Brought To You By Maggie Haberman

The former president interrupted a meeting about campaign strategy during the 2020 election to comment on his daughter Ivanka Trump’s interest in travel, and digressed on to mocking her husband and fellow White House senior adviser, according excerpts from a forthcoming book by New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman published by The Guardian .

“Ivanka wants to rent one of those big RVs,” Trump said, according to Haberman.

Trump then gestured toward Kushner as bemused aides looked on.

“This skinny guy wants to do it," Trump continued. "Can you imagine Jared and his skinny ass camping? It’d be like something out of Deliverance.”

Trump then “made noises mimicking the banjo theme song from the 1972 movie about four men vacationing in rural Georgia who are attacked, pursued and in one case brutally raped by a local resident," Haberman wrote.

24 Likes

I am THISCLOSE to considering Maggie Haberman an aider and abettor of THAT MAN.

47 Likes

Oh, yeah, and Alito is a fascist asshole. May his maker call him to his well-deserved rest in Hell as soon as possible.

(Guess I gotta get my voodoo dolls back out again…)

57 Likes

What a bizarre guy.

12 Likes

SquEAL liKE a PIGgY, JarED.

10 Likes

Trump may very well be one of the most disturbed and just plain weird human beings on the planet. He merits an entire chapter of his own in the DSM.

54 Likes

House Jan. 6 Committee… is set to meet with far-right activist Ginni Thomas

Better have a bunch of police protection there. Fascists are violent.

2 Likes

Maggie has the biggest megaphone in the world, the NYT. Funny how she didn’t report these things at the time, and waited until Trump was safely out of office.

59 Likes

Couldn’t she just buy a few?

21 Likes

It increasingly appears to me that Mr. Putin is acting like a domestic abuser that commits acts of violence against their spouse and them actively works to isolate them from the outside world. He is doing his best to make Russia and Russians toxic for a generation (or generations…). I get the impression that he wants to make it impossible for Russia to ever rejoin the western-led international order.

23 Likes

Alito can’t wait to kill this as well.

39 Likes

I’m still waiting for Pat Robertson to say God sent the hurricane to Florida for electing an evil governor like DeSantis.

62 Likes

The things THAT MAN is afraid of – first there’s ramps, and now we learn it’s the Great Outdoors. Not to be disparaging to all those RVers out there, but driving around in an RV is NOT camping.

22 Likes

This psychotic asshole still incites sedition.

39 Likes

Wonder if Trump imitated the “squeal like a pig” line …and all of the sycophants roared with phoney laughter … while Jared grimly looked out the window.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available