Maryland Governor Befuddled By Trump’s Anger Over Guv’s Wife Obtaining Test Kits

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) said on Tuesday that he was taken aback by President Donald Trump’s resentment over Hogan’s wife, Yumi Hogan, securing 500,000 COVID-19 testing kits from South Korea as Maryland and other states suffer a shortage of testing supplies.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1305118
1 Like

First rule of Trump: do not expect logic.

70 Likes

Why? Because Spanky is fucking demented, that’s why.

47 Likes

DJT needs to attend the Severe Anger Management program that includes the participant donning cement shoes and, well, um, er, you know…

10 Likes

Shorter Trump: Hogaaannnn!!!

28 Likes

More test mean more testing, more testing = more positives, More positives mean Maryland not opening for business.
So simple even a dump can understand it

63 Likes

Maryland Governor Befuddled By Trump’s Anger Over Guv’s Wife Obtaining Test Kits

He was expected to buy them from Jared Kushner at 10 times it’s regular price.

103 Likes

Everyone needs to just ignore Trump, I would say until this is over, but I’m thinking just forever. Just ignore him. He has nothing useful to say.

47 Likes

Trump made the supply system into a game with only one rule: He has more power than anyone. Then Hogan played a round and won. So actually it’s Trump who’s befuddled. He wants you to come to him, hat in hand.

90 Likes

“Just yesterday he was saying that the governors are responsible for this, they’re on the front lines, so we should just get it done,” the governor told the MSNBC “Morning Joe” co-hosts. “And then we did get it done, and then we got criticized.”

Might the point be tha Donnie really doesn’t want more testing? That certainly fits with,

…Trump claimed out of nowhere that Hogan “didn’t really understand what was going on”

And Hogan’s a Republican? Really, he’s gotta get with the program!

47 Likes

I think imPotus is just pissed that Maryland got a shipment through that wasn’t seized by the feds.

64 Likes

Um… walking around the sea floor?

11 Likes

Time to switch parties, Gov. Hogan. And “I” or a “D” after your name would look much better than what you’ve got now.

38 Likes

Not just Grump but the whole GOP is insane.

17 Likes

“And then somehow it went off the rails yesterday in that press conference, but I have no idea why,” the Maryland governor said.

Really? Because Trump is a vindictive self-absorbed narcissist. You showed him up, that you could do his job better than he did, so he needed to bring you down a peg, obviously you don’t know what you’re doing Mr. governor… /s Put another way, as usual, Trump is projecting.

46 Likes

Trump is just pissed he didn’t get his 10% He wants his taste, and Hogan could establish a bad precedent.

49 Likes

Someone should tell Trump that due to Hogan being a cancer survivor, he doesn’t give a sh-- about Trump’s feelings.

He respects the office, but Trump doesn’t scare him.

33 Likes

You receive an “A” for catching my drift…

4 Likes

Whoa there, Big Fella! Just 'cuz Hogan got the public health thing right doesn’t make him a potential Dem. He picked the American DeathEaters for a reason when he chose his political and moral affiliation.

14 Likes

“And then somehow it went off the rails yesterday in that press conference, but I have no idea why,” the Maryland governor said.

Larry, Larry, Larry. You seem to be a nice guy for a Republican, but I bet your wife is the smarter one of the both of you.

21 Likes