Marjorie Taylor Greene Brags She Could Have Done Jan. 6 Better

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo.

Quite a confab Saturday night in Manhattan.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1441900

Frist at First!

My Christmas Kitty!

62 Likes

SeconDo!

23 Likes

Not frist!!!
Gotta get up waay too early to be first on line

11 Likes

Whip Lash
Trump swears ‘I would have gotten Paul Whelan out’ — except he never did - Raw Story - Celebrating 18 Years of Independent Journalism

Trump says he turned down deal to release Paul Whelan | The Hill

46 Likes

I so look forward to the fall of MTG, because you know it’s inevitable.

78 Likes

Kevin McCarthy labeled a ‘punk’ after he lets Matt Gaetz humiliate him following caucus meeting (msn.com)

The object of his amusement was Gaetz taking to Twitter after a recent GOP House caucus meeting and posting an unflattering picture of the presumptive Speaker and labeling him “Cavin’ McCarthy.”

According to Steele, McCarthy was being treated like a “punk” as he tried to assert himself as a leader in the party.

Speaking with host Jonathan Capehart, Steele laughed and said, “Everybody knows a punk when they see one. That’s – I’m sorry – that’s the tweet after the meeting?”

22 Likes

I beLIEVE I have 2 COmpLImentary tickets for THis. Met the artisTic director for WM driving LyFT. So MAny InterstING peopLE in DC. Not sURE I want TO staND thOUGH.

Alex Edelman’s extraordinary one-man show “Just For Us

12 Likes

I Was ON TPM RELOADING the PAGE OVer and OVer, yet I was BEateN by the capTAIN.

20 Likes

I’m only awake because of a stupid east coast work call.

10 Likes

When I think of MTG, “white trash” comes to mind.

41 Likes

And you need a pic cued up as well. Too much for this early.

3 Likes

It’s dark here in Tucson and just shy of 6:30AM
Like i said… ya gotta get up early to compete to be first. I don’t even have a cool kitty image readily at hand

10 Likes

Rudy Giuliani frustrated over Kari Lake’s ‘solid’ case: ‘Man, we can’t lose this one, right?’ - Raw Story - Celebrating 18 Years of Independent Journalism

14 Likes

The solution as i offered yesterday was the candidate with fewer votes wins. Kari Lake got 17.000 fewer votes than Governor elect Hobbs

11 Likes

I GIve THis COmment TWelvE Pinocchios. MTG is A LADy,

10 Likes

I wonder how many butt plugs MTG has bought from target?? But not for long.

31 Likes

Yet, I half expected clicking on it-- that Breitbart’s legs would be sticking out from under the pyramid…

4 Likes

Lake burst onto the national political stage this year as perhaps the purest embodiment of Trump’s grievance-fueled brand of politics. Her slash-and-burn campaign operation courted controversy, stoked distrust in the democratic process and earned her mentions as Trump’s possible 2024 vice-presidential pick — or perhaps even a presidential candidate herself. Then she lost. Now, her failed campaign offers a case study in how Trump has warped the GOP’s electoral prospects. The positions adopted by candidates to win his endorsement — often necessary to get through the gauntlet of GOP primaries — appear untenable in the battleground states that Republicans would need to win to reclaim the White House.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/12/12/kari-lake-trump-loss/

14 Likes

yeesh.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available