Manchin, Sinema Join Republicans In Blocking Filibuster Reform For Voting Bills

Boris Manchin and Natasha Sinema cast their lot with Republicans. They have made is clear that they are cool with voter suppression.

21 Likes

How many federal judges would you like to see confirmed by the senate in 2022? There’s also two USPS board nominees hanging fire right now.

29 Likes

Well, at least we know that if a Republican House impeached Biden, the Senate vote would be 48-52.

Major consequences that later arrive don’t always stem from Big Acts. It’s often the little ones. And this is one of them.

13 Likes

Not true on all issues but all too true on voting and climate, ie, the fate of the country and the earth. So yeah.

3 Likes

Of course they did. Placing any faith in them to do the right thing was a forlorn hope.

3 Likes

Nope, we need 50 and we don’t have to tell em when the (figurative) ax is coming.

11 Likes

I actually don’t fear them jumping ship. They’d be sidelined and primaried for sure if they did. Manchin at least knows that.

(Also to @inversion)

4 Likes

Who primaries Manchin?

Too many are looking to dance with Sinema.

4 Likes

Well, in all fairness, they bravely and firmly opposed voter suppression right up until they supported it.

10 Likes

What good is it to even have the “majority?” We don’t.

Kick these fake Dems to the curb. F 'em.

Go ahead and become the minority party in the Senate. We are already.

If Manchin were to swap sides the GOP would in no way embrace him. Mitch would use him for Majority Leader status only to back a primary challenger down the road.

6 Likes

We’re in the ‘null’, because we didn’t get 51 senators in 2020.

By all means, let’s cut ties with ‘Bonnie n Clyde’.

50 -48- 2 is a bad idea.

52-48 is a horrible idea

Please continue

8 Likes

One might say, heroically high, when it’s really needed… I can’t imagine the burden she carries for us all. :wink:

3 Likes

Manchination is likely retiring in 2024, and even if he doesn’t, what electable democrat is there to primary him? Sinemy is selling out hard, early, and often, knowing that this 50-50 senate might be gone in 2023 so she’s gotta collect her set-for-life favors in just two short years. Neither one of them gives a fuck about the 2024 election.

35 Likes

I have a name, but I’ve a feeling that both Goodwins might sit this out.

Both Manchin and Sinema gave post-vote self-serving comments…as though they are 1000% aware of exactly what they did, how long they did it, how dishonestly they did it, and for what purpose they did it.

20 Likes

Gonna post this again

Indeed with your “holy shit.”

ETA. Let’s play with this.

“Irish-American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as American voters.”

37 Likes

Their futures are now written in history like an epitaph.

11 Likes

Turtles are masquerading as humans.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available