Manchin’s Proposed Changes To The John Lewis Voting Rights Act Would Gut The Bill

I’m sure it’s more esoteric than my explanation, but an easy way to think of it.

3 Likes

From my experience, that seems about right.

3 Likes

In the end if there was a creator or it all came about by the flow of energy organizing matter, It is a marvelous universe that science people and religious people should respect. People arguing what the name of their creator is are missing the point that the person they feel compelled to slaughter in defense of their beliefs is also part of their spiritual creator’s world. But what would an old hippie know? :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Now, I remember I had no special reaction from either shot but a sore arm, and everyone was talking about their own dramatic reactions and rejoicing in knowing it was working, and I envied them. Now, I don’t want to take that away from you, but I looked it up and in slightly more than half the recipients there’s no particular reaction to either. I remember twenty years ago I felt mild chills after the second Lymerix shot. But it’s not a problem if you don’t have a reaction. You’re still protected.

6 Likes

It occurred to me the first shot is a segment of the RNA, I think, and it’s like the escaped convict’s shirt the dudes with shotguns give the bloodhounds to sniff. The second shot sends them off into the woods.

3 Likes

I only read the King James Version of the bible. That’s the on Jesus used.

8 Likes

Probably that is a factor but the way it works from what I know is that if you are vaccinated you are protected. So unvaccinated people hanging out with other unvaccinated people pose a risk to each other but not to us who are vaccinated.

3 Likes

Jesus Christ what an absolute unvarnished bastard this guy is.

16 Likes

I live in a big town, there are no “bubbles.”

Yes, you are right.

Although, if she ran against Rubio, Scott, or Desatanist it would all be welcome. We need some disinfectant down here.

4 Likes

You’re right. We need to slow down. Not being capable of holding our water was how we pissed on ourselves in the first place.

8 Likes

the GA senate race to see who controls the Senate. McConnell holding the Senate tight in his jaws. Trump not allowing Biden’s transition team access.

5 Likes

Preachers on the radio and “gentlemen’s clubs” on the billboards.

8 Likes

If there are those here who don’t want it, there are others elsewhere who would do almost anything for it. Let’s not let it get to that point for the folks that want it.

Someone should leak that it causes sterility and loss of libido for both sexes; that should do it.

1 Like

torte = a sweet cake or tart.

tort = a wrongful act or an infringement of a right (other than under contract) leading to civil legal liability.

3 Likes

Oh, Ronny. I mean thanks, dude!
Soon–I hope!–to be featured in legal briefs by the ACLU, SPLC, and NDRC.

10 Likes

I had the Pfizer, and if I had been part of a clinical trial of it, I’d have sworn I was in the placebo control group.

4 Likes

Abrams is okay with Manchin’s ideas about SB 1.

She has said nothing about his proposal to gut the John Lewis Voting Rights Act.

12 Likes

Now wait a damned minute here. This Manchin guy is the same cat who just a couple of months ago wanted to instate a pre-clearance decree on all the states as a condition for voting for a voting rights bill. Why did Ms. Riga not mention that in this otherwise informative article I wonder?

3 Likes

Well, Ronny, when do you publish the master plan? Charts, people, places and “winning” strategies? Don’t forget summaries of the back room discussions on how to ace out “those” people as well.

Otherwise, mums the word or they take away your hip flask.

6 Likes