Man With Home ‘Military Outpost Bunker’ Pleads Guilty To Threatening Biden, Supporters | Talking Points Memo

FBI agents found multiple guns and rounds of ammunition in the “back room” of the home of a man who pleaded guilty on Tuesday to threatening Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, as well as their supporters, the DOJ said.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1378604

Fox plus crap on web plus mental illness plus country full of weapons = bad news over and over again

31 Likes

"The Presidency is not merely an administrative office. That’s the least of it…It is pre-eminently a place of moral leadership." — Franklin D. Roosevelt, 1932

The former occupant was, at heart, immoral. Hence, his followers and enablers are immoral.

38 Likes

Where do these folks get all their money? Weapons and ammo ain’t cheap.

23 Likes

No association with my own for protection against the Army of “Q”.

/s

This guy and his ilk remind me of the character portrayed by Tom Cruise in Taps. Just one quark short of the critical mass that will push him over the edge.

2 Likes

Inherited. Some of it is probably decades old. :wink:

So… Tom playing himself…

9 Likes

I understand your point but blaming this crap on mental illness isn’t fair or accurate. There are plenty of people who struggle with mental illness who would never threaten others simply because they disagree over politics. And I guarantee you that the vast majority of these white-supremacist gun nuts don’t suffer from anything more debilitating than the rest of us do.

This type of action comes from fear and hatred, egged on but not caused by Fox News. The bottomless supply of military grade weaponry certainly doesn’t help.

38 Likes

He’s bought like the absolute bottom of the barrel stuff, that can be picked up for small change and is barely “meh” quality. HI point 9mm pistols are like $150, a JC Higgins shotgun maybe a couple hundred.

For comparison, your average Glock 17/19 will set you back $600-700, depending on configuration.

15 Likes

I guess it’s all relative. That’s expensive to me.

ETA: …but I’m a cheap ass.

13 Likes

Mumbling something, something about mental health in America again. These are not isolated cases. Something has gone off the rails. I see little difference between this guy and the average Trump supporter. He just moved a little farther off those rails.

15 Likes

I live in rural New England! Trump country. There are still Trump flags flying high here, and refreshed Trump lawn signs still sprout from lawns. The Good News: Its is small minority, even here, even of Republicans. The Bad News: These rapid Trumpists, encouraged by Fox et al., are all frothed up. And we are the targets. And they have the guns. All or nearly all of the local most aggressive Trumpscum are military vets, several I know to be on various disability programs and other government stuff that the Rs would cut. Irrational? Yup. Just the way it is.

27 Likes

Really just a matter of priorities… you could save a lot of money if you live in your mother’s basement until she kicks you out, steal from the donation bowl at church, and never pay for dates because no one would date you.

If that doesn’t work you can raise money “investigating” Jewish space lazers, or start a go fund me to raise funds for non-existant causes.

Grifters gotta grift.

6 Likes

I’m in the wrong business, obviously.

7 Likes

I want to know what exactly were his written threats to Kamala Harris.

From the article:

“Now as for Grandpa Biden and Mrs. Harris, when we capture Grandpa Biden we will severely beat him to the point of death,” the letter reads, before going on to describe a graphic threat to Harris.

Now why would these not be detailed but cut short unless my worst imagination is correct? If it is correct, castration should be included with the 5 years.

20 Likes

A Ring home security camera took a video of Reed as he deposited the letter on his neighbor’s yard.

At an initial Oct. 13 interview with federal investigators, Reed denied writing the letter…

He seems really dumb for an incredibly stupid guy.

38 Likes

He seems nice.

6 Likes

5 years?!? Should be 20!

9 Likes

He just did it in a way that was able traced and to be charged. You’re right. I read this stuff and worse posted anonymously all over. I’m sure you’ve seen it too.

3 Likes

I always wonder what the sudden awakening feels like to those Trump supporting lemmings radicalized on Fox News who get busted and suddenly are compelled to handle reality outside the echo chamber. I imagine a mix of sputtering outrage at the injustice of it all and a slow realization of having been played for a fool.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available