Man Arrested After Being Photographed With Confederate Flag In Capitol Riots | Talking Points Memo

A man photographed with a Confederate battle flag inside the Capitol building last week amid the deadly insurrection was arrested Thursday in Delaware, according to the New York Times.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1354691
1 Like

He seems nice. He looks like a real patriot. I guess that’s why the cop in the background didn’t arrest him* on the spot?

*I understand it’s currently de rigueur that everyone in DC carries flex cuffs and bear spray.

41 Likes

This makes me so happy. How dare anyone carry that flag into the Capitol.

52 Likes

Growing up, decades ago, Dad always said, “The South: the sorest losers in the history of Western Civilization.”

Ten years mandatory minimum.

42 Likes

Maybe he can use that flag for a blanket in his cold concrete cell . . .

28 Likes

Same basic charges as everybody else who got caught on video inside the Capitol. Whether it will be a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison or a misdemeanor punishable by a year or less depends on whether the feds contend that he committed the crime while in possession of a weapon, which that flagpole definitely is intended to be.

35 Likes

Fucked around and found out.

33 Likes

Who is the women giving out directions?

34 Likes

Loser flag. Traitor flag. Enslaver flag. Surrender-monkey flag.

23 Likes

Yes! Aside from the actual murderers of the Capitol Policeman, THIS was the scum I most wanted apprehended!

24 Likes

You know, when they get done with all of this, white guys will go from being a majority in the prison population to being a super majority.

22 Likes

News stories for years have exposed the blatant racism among Capitol police, including multiple discrimination suits. A lot of these guys had scant interest in confronting their fellow pink travelers, or taking detailed threat warnings seriously.

They blew more leads than Mike Pence at the cast party after “Hamilton”.

47 Likes

Now THAT dude, bringing that into the White House, deserves a special type of charge don’t you think? Only need two witnesses for a treason charge.

13 Likes

Ben Shapiro will say virtually everyone he knows has a large Confederate flag.

37 Likes

Throw the book at him and lock him up for life.

5 Likes

Reminder to insurrectionists: Behavior has consequences, many times severe consequences. Read and understand.

20 Likes

They need to get the woman general on the megaphone. She looks more difficult to pick out.

11 Likes

O/T Whoo hoo
Jamie Harrison to Lead DNC
Jaime Harrison is Biden’s pick for Democratic National Committee chair (nbcnews.com)

38 Likes

During the Civil War, the confederacy couldn’t get their flag into the Capitol. But in the age of Trump…

26 Likes

It’s time to treat the flag of sedition like the German people treat the Nazi flag.

34 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available