Maloney Says Her Remark About Biden Not Running Again Was Just Her ‘Personal Belief’

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) on Wednesday maintained her belief that President Joe Biden won’t run for reelection in 2024 days after setting off a firestorm during a primary debate when she first expressed doubt about a potential Biden reelection bid.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1427462

3 Likes

Show me how to apologize without apologizing.

Best response to her face-palm, WTF comments…

speculating about Biden running again “doesn’t serve the purpose of the Democratic Party to deal with that until after the midterms.”

5 Likes

3 Likes

Thus cementing Joe Biden’s reputation as an “international man of mystery.”

14 Likes

This is a rematch.

4 Likes

She’s the third rep to say this (Phillips n Craig are the other two), but Patel lobbed something similar at her in 2018.

That he’s now a face and she a heel says bunches.

1 Like

When people dis Biden or Merrick Garland, they should bear this in mind.

IOW beware of folks who say in effect, it’s better to do something than nothing, even if doing something is worse than doing nothing.

15 Likes

It doesn’t at all (midterms or '24).

Politicians/pundits/ordinary people need to ante up an alternative or again explain why the elderly shouldn’t serve or keep serving in government.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I suspect a bunch of people here feel the same way, no one will admit it, and Joe will persist in saying in a roundabout way he’ll be running again. For me, too, I agree with Maloney.

2 Likes

Then a name has to come up, who satisfies everyone in the party.

Maloney saying the above is odd, because she was defending herself against a similar charge in '18.

5 Likes

The seemingly endless array of popcorn gifs don’t seem quite so entertaining when highlighting our own problems. Having said that, while I’m sure the usual suspects will spin this shit up to 11, I doubt Maloney’s comment makes a big difference to most people.

5 Likes

I’m just waiting for the ‘Feinstein gotta go’ people to step up.

Maloney again faced something similar in '18 and her Biden remarks again fed into a stupid narrative.

4 Likes

Guys can’t say, ‘gerontracy’ and then say ‘Maloney is right’, because the question then is: which is it?

Is it ‘Maloney is right’, or is it ‘depends on which old guy is running’?

3 Likes

OPINION⎮"For national unity, Biden must resign and Democratic candidates should pull out of the mid-terms and let Republicans win."

12 Likes

Is there any chance the DIM-ocrats will ever learn to SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Your ignorant, ill-informed, Bog Irish Stupid opinions are not that important, lady.

4 Likes

Two things: ‘ageism because’ is a bad idea and politics is a take, not a give.

Progressives n young folks would be well served, regarding the latter.

8 Likes

This is a non-issue.

Seriously

And we need to augment our representation in Congress. If we don’t do that, Joe could be 35 and we would still be toast…and (moving right along with the Wrong Stories) what is happening with Sinema?

Is THAT deal dead?

(sorry…37…because he would have been 35 in 2020 :laughing:)

9 Likes

Not only a non-issue RIGHT NOW, it is a distraction.

A better response to this question, if asked, might be: “Our President is not running at this time, what is imperative is that we elect enough Democrats to maintain leadership of the House and at least 2 more Senators, so that we can eliminate the filibuster and actually pass legislation that will benefit the American people bypassing the obstruction and INaction on anything important by the republicans.”

17 Likes