Louisiana Cop Suggested AOC Should Be Shot In Facebook Post

However, Lawson said that any punishment Rispoli may get for the post will not be made public.

Wrong. You get tax dollars, motherfucker, you release public information. Or you get your ass sued off.

Protect and Defend…not in DONALD J. TRUMP’S AMERICA!!!

Because the alternative is those same individuals with state authority to kill people holding their jobs and job assignments at the whim of the police chief and the chief’s subordinates/cronies. Some cities and towns have civilian oversight boards with actual authority, but that number is tiny. And police chief typically isn’t an elected position.

2 Likes

I often will track down a small business through their Facebook page, I admit.

It tells me that regardless of what they may be offering up on a platter to the Info Gods that it must be a plus for them financially. If I had a small business I would use the free Facebook platform without question.

Yes, this is one of major criticism in SouthBend. Buttigieg failed to get it done.

The police unions have got to go.
It should be an initiative on state ballots nationwide.
Civilian boards with authority should replace all police unions.

There should also be a national register for fired officers like there is for sex offenders to prevent fired officers moving from one department to another.

If a police department decides to hire in spite of prior employment history, civilian board must be notified.

I’ve said it before, but I really think a lot of folks go into law enforcement specifically so they can shoot folks they don’t like and hopefully get away with it.

1 Like

That’s what happens when careers as cops go to the folks who couldn’t do anything else after high school… In Europe, those careers tend to be reserved for people who have college degrees or go to multi-year schooling to be a cop. Makes a difference.

2 Likes

I grew up on a farm, as you know, and my dad raised horses. We got adept at using the tool in the image cuz it produced a sort of crush closure to the various attachments from the body tobyhe…ahem… organ in question. I am quite aure that emasculator tool would work better than a dull spoon. But the spoon does have a certain appeal.

1 Like

The title of this article should really begin with “Believing An Entirely Fake Story . . .”.

If people do not read the article carefully, they might actually believe that she said that.

“…We’re only going to be seeing more of this…”

Which tells me you and I take the broader view – that this is just one of many examples of the unintended consequences of what we call social media.
I think I’ve mentioned a couple of times that people in the 1960’s conceptualized what we now call social media and predicted it would be mostly a force for harm in our politics and society in general.

2 Likes

It wasn’t meant as satire. It was meant precisely to rile up people like this cop. That’s what all of these sites are for. They’re propaganda, often put out by Russia and other bad actors, to sow division and chaos. A few of them targeted liberals in 2016 and there might be a few still around hitting up the Louise Mensch/RoseAnne DeMoro crowd, but they mostly died out because liberals don’t fall for them as easily.

2 Likes

Sorry but this is nonsense, at least for people like me with poor coordination. Writing legibly in cursive takes vastly more attention and time than in print, where you have all short, straight or circular strokes. I’m 45 and I stopped using cursive as soon as we were no longer required to in sixth grade. I’m not sure I can even remember all the letters.

1 Like

When something officially says it’s satire, that’s almost always a disclaimer intended to protect them against the obvious criticisms of their content.

1 Like

And it’s almost always not actually satire, but simply lies.

2 Likes

Not saying I d on’t understand why the do, been a CPA for along time, just saying they lose business as well. don’t think most of them have any idea what their page looks like to a non facebook person looking up their business, and how much information is obscured. I’ve shown a few I knew who could afford a little more for a real website what it looks like, two decided they wanted a more professional and better look. And no, while I did design computer accounting systems and still do some tech support for Macs, I don’t write websites, except for family.

When you can’t read the menu without crap in your way, you decide it isn’t worth the effort.

There is a name for it: grapho-motor dysfunction. I have it; my daughter has it, my father had it, my grandfather . . .

WOW!! That is waaaaay over the top!!

1 Like

It may be nonsense for you and people like you but apparently many schools are bringing the teaching of cursive back because it does have benefits for most students… I was taught cursive writing in a Canadian school and the class apparently survived it except for one boy who managed to dump his bottle of india ink on the floor. He spent the next few recesses sanding out the stain. Canadian school brooked no nonsense from unruly or unhappy students.

Why?

Rispoli has been fired.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available