Loose Cannon Is Making A Mess Of The Mar-a-Lago Case

Most religions have some kind of set of rules where bad things will happen to you if you don’t follow them, and also they want your money.

13 Likes

She is going to have an interesting career when Trump loses his bid for reelection.

5 Likes

The six radical Xtian judges on the corrupted court will reply that it’s Gawd’s will.

11 Likes

Shorter Eric: I just hired the guys who did the dirty work. Why are you blaming me!?!

25 Likes

Good summary of yesterday’s NY fraud trial.

New York v. Trump: Don Jr. Testifies; Ivanka Trump Appeals; and More Evidence Their Father Knew He Lost in 2020 - The Messenger

27 Likes

Senate GOP Fed Up With Tuberville

No, they’re not. If they really were, they’d have joined with the Democratic majority to roll Tuberville. In fact, they’d have done it months ago. What they’re doing is just theater on behalf of certain pro-defense constituencies in their states.

They actually have no intention of getting the nominees confirmed.

55 Likes

She isn’t bought. She’s a volunteer syphocant.

65 Likes

h/t to these rather polite “vandals” for writing their legible message on the wall below the mural, eschewing the typical hate group practice of spraying big red swastikas directly onto the artwork.

12 Likes

“Most”?
How many of the 8000 world religions are you familiar with?
Kudos to your scholarship.

7 Likes

I don’t think we would so lightly throw around the term innocent Nazi civilians

Nice strawman. No one talks about “innocent Republicans” either. What’s your point? Oh, right. You want to commit a genocide.

16 Likes

Until they start applying penalties to Tuberville all this Republican ‘outrage’ looks exceedingly performative.

33 Likes

Most as in those that people follow. Just 4 covers the majority of the population on the planet.

4 Likes

Cuts in Medicaid may have something to do with that as well, along with gynecologists FLEEING Red States for sane states.

40 Likes

I dearly hope the voters have enough sense to not reelect a guy who would destroy America.
Remembering his first term theoretically ought to be enough proof for that decision.

16 Likes

Loose Cannon Is Making A Mess Of The Mar-a-Lago Case

I think the press and Jack Smith both should start making the point loudly and often how Loose Cannon is setting it up for Joe Biden to get away with all sorts of espionage.

We should be saying so she can hear, “This is great! Now we know exactly what Republicans are willing to allow Joe Biden to do! Thanks!”

It wouldn’t do anything, of course. If Republicans weren’t hypocrites they wouldn’t be crites at all, but would be fun, and maybe make one or two people think.

7 Likes

You probably also think Trump should be locked up for his public spewings, no?

In trying to read Aileen Cannon, consider this. She knows she’s completely out of her league, and is petrified of having to take the MAL case to trial. She will use unappealable scheduling (delay) to the extent it is available to her because she has to avoid the public humiliation of seating a jury and running a trial in real time when her every word and every step is an opportunity to fall on her face in front of the judicial system and the country.

Every development in the rolling epic of competent prosecutions is making her look ridiculous, but she has to avoid the main spotlight for as long as possible.

My 2 cents.

36 Likes

Jeeebus!
That’s worse

16 Likes

Lack of apparent assets aside, what was niggling at me about the new House Speaker but I couldn’t quite put my finger on,

[House Speaker Mike Johnson] is what many have feared: an example of second-wave Trumpism — politicians rising in Trump’s wake who come with the same policy priorities and ideological proclivities, but in a far more congenial and urbane package, propelled by something more than personal grievance. Trumpism is a religion developed to serve a man. What happens when it evolves into a pillar of an established creed and is viewed as a way to serve God?

– Charles Blow, NY Times (sub req)
58 Likes

May it be you, Jesse. Early and often.

26 Likes