Looks Like McCarthy Managed To Cobble Together Enough Votes To Oust Omar

I doubt Qevin will make it to Labor Day.

5 Likes

By being better than them. Which she already is.

2 Likes

Gaetz? He’s gonna get tied to the Santos con job imho.

1 Like

MTG saying that getting Santos off the committees was totally about the Omar vote. Note that the article conflates resign with recuse (there is no evidence his committee seats are vacant, and Santos has not used the word “resign”), but I will assume that they got these direct quotes right:

The MSNBC host aired a clip of Greene telling CNN that McCarthy had Santos step away from his committees because of the effort to remove Omar.

“He just felt like that there was so much drama, really, over the situation, and especially what we’re doing to work to remove Ilhan Omar away from the Foreign Affairs Committee,” Greene stated. https://www.mediaite.com/tv/there-you-have-it-chris-hayes-says-marjorie-taylor-greene-let-the-truth-slip-about-why-santos-really-resigned-from-committees/

“Ahhh, yes,” Hayes reacted. “There you have it! Republicans wanted to clear the decks, get rid of this annoying argument, like, ‘You’re gonna let George Santos serve on committees?’

“So now, they can move to kick Congresswoman Omar off Foreign Affairs for absolutely no valid reason because George Santos, who should never have been put on any committees in the first place, really, when you think about it, has given up his assignments.”

5 Likes

LOL!! Spartz reveals herself right here:

. . . particularly important to freedom-loving legislators who usually are on the receiving end of issues like this.

Freedom-loving legislators, the ones who are openly racist and vile (calves like melons, Jewish space lasers and/or violent cartoons come to mind.) Or those who get caught in a variety of sexual entanglements. Those GOP members need access to appeal because they are the victims, always.

Omar is a demonstration in payback but Repugs need to make it look as if they actually care about panty-waist ethics while protecting their backsides.

Own the Libs, the only motto that counts.

4 Likes

And (as discussed elsewhere) when Santos steps right back into his committee positions after the vote no one will notice.

5 Likes

That he thinks it makes him look powerful doesn’t change your assessment one iota.

1 Like

We should start a pool on how many days he lies low (starting from the day of the vote, which I think is today). I’ll let you go first.

3 Likes

I think ‘payoff’ is the word you were looking for.
And, for Matt, I’d guess it feels so much better if it’s under the table.

2 Likes

The look on his face towards the end tells you he was pegged and he knew it.

2 Likes

Bibi is happy.

1 Like

Spartz’s change of heart comes after McCarthy agreed to add new language to the resolution that would allow Omar to appeal the decision with the House Ethics Committee.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Who will put her on double secret probation.

3 Likes

Spartz will make a fine Senator.

Why - after all the scumbaggery and horseshit we’ve seen from these assholes at least since that human pile of shit Gingrich fouled the Capitol - is anyone still surprised at their willingness to score cheap political points? Why? From now on can we just assume they will absolutely make the most toxic, infantile and pointless move possible? Like the “will they, won’t they” bullshit over Roe. Jesus H, OF COURSE THEY WERE ALWAYS GOING TO OVERTURN IT. The fact that there are still Dems out there who don’t get this, beggars the imagination.

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m gonna give it till the middle of next week. Would be a little surprised by under, just because Santos is lazy and the House has a slow schedule.

3 Likes

They will, the q is whether or not the glare will last.

1 Like

Yesterday I posted that Santos would say something like “It’s the Ides of March and I haven’t been indicted, so I’m clear.” So I’ll go with Santos going back to his committees March 15th.

2 Likes

Could the gqp get it together to oust him
knowing they’ll never be able to elect a replacement?
Seriously if they oust qev will it take a coupla hundred votes to figure out who is speaker?

Not a bad outcome at least it puts all the right wing f*ckery on pause while they flail live on cspan

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available