Looks Like McCarthy Managed To Cobble Together Enough Votes To Oust Omar

I would suggest that the US citizens should make her foes pay for this.

This is nothing more than “bothism” run amuck. There were reasons, real reasons that were justifiable, to eliminate radical rightwing nut jobs in the past. If using one comment is now sufficient, when will we ban Jewish space laser claiming representatives? To me, it’s just as bad as “Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.”. Is that now the level of mental assessment that is the standard for presidential material? Time to roll up our selves, protect the vote, and work to get all people out to vote. We have some House cleaning to do.

9 Likes

The pettiness and juvenile behavior of the so called “leaders” of the House will not go unnoticed. I hope Dems do not retaliate in kind when they regain the majority. Somebody in this country has got to show how government is supposed to work.

10 Likes

All this will pass. Omar will still be a congressperson in 2024, Kevin will be in the minority and the Democrats have a deep bench.

22 Likes

I keep thinking this is going to blow up in the House Republican faces because this is a really stupid move and every time they do one of these stunts it bites them in the butt. But hey, please proceed with the stunt and turn off more voters because when Rep. Omar was interviewed last Sunday she came across as smart, charming, and someone who admitted she made mistakes, but she learned from them.

17 Likes

How?

3 Likes

I took 250 days in the pool for when the first motion to remove (vacate) Qevin gets filed. That’s about Sept 20th.

4 Likes

Ilhan Omar’s performance going forward will confound her critics.

11 Likes

I’m not sure what people were expecting. For them to play nice?

2 Likes

The House GOP will have to act like grown-ups in this stage of their “Majority Rule”. They do not have the talent.

6 Likes

Or the desire.

(Or even the mental capacity to grasp the concept.)

20 Likes

Someone of Representative Omar’s background as a refugee serving on the foreign affairs committee used to be regarded as an invaluable asset to the body and the country. After all when he was in office representative Tom Lantos was a Holocaust survivor and brought his life experience to the committee. Same with the Ukrainian American woman from Indiana Victoria Spartz who currently serves on the committee as a ranking Republican member.

15 Likes

Qevin’s petty butt-hurt will end up being the petard by which he will be hoisted.

13 Likes

I doubt Qevin will be there next term. I’m betting he won’t even finish this one.

[but I also live in hope of a Cheeto indictment this year, so maybe I’m a little cracked]

13 Likes

Squeaker of the House, doling out the harm,
Ready with a shakedown and an open palm
Tells a sorry tale, never makes a stir
Congresscritters hate a bon-viveur (that isn’t them)
Grudging to ever do a favor
Costs me dearly to be nice
But nothing gets you nothing
Everything has got a little price!

9 Likes

I this is the part the distinguishes the differences between Gosar the Greene getting booted off their committee assignments, and Omar.

6 Likes

Plus, he’s such a tease.

2 Likes

Did you factor in the gamesmanship/toddler behavior of the MAGA posse?

2 Likes

Yeah that’s been the trend, and I don’t see McCarthy as a trend buster.

3 Likes

Yes, and it appears to be working out, now that they’re looking to punt the debt ceiling fight to september, so they can try to use it as leverage with the requirement to pass a budget.

5 Likes

This, all of this @davidcicilline with the fire pushback to Gaetz. This is how you handle MAGA Republicans. You're not going to want to miss this! Must watch!👇#wtpBlue #DemVoice1 #DemsAct pic.twitter.com/a771bjv9CX

— Brian Cardone 🏴‍☠️🇺🇦 (@cardon_brian) February 1, 2023
7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available