Looks Like McCarthy Managed To Cobble Together Enough Votes To Oust Omar

I’m gonna give it till the middle of next week. Would be a little surprised by under, just because Santos is lazy and the House has a slow schedule.

3 Likes

They will, the q is whether or not the glare will last.

1 Like

Yesterday I posted that Santos would say something like “It’s the Ides of March and I haven’t been indicted, so I’m clear.” So I’ll go with Santos going back to his committees March 15th.

2 Likes

Could the gqp get it together to oust him
knowing they’ll never be able to elect a replacement?
Seriously if they oust qev will it take a coupla hundred votes to figure out who is speaker?

Not a bad outcome at least it puts all the right wing f*ckery on pause while they flail live on cspan

2 Likes

McCarthy to world: We got no place here for a congressperson who won’t lie for President Trump consistently. That’s just how we roll these days.

1 Like

I said all of this just the other day:

1 Like

I was expecting assholery in the service of their fascist agenda
I was naive as it is assholery simply for the sake of assholery.

2 Likes

That is what the Dems have done for the past two years, and the Rethugs didn’t learn a damn thing. They are too stupid.

2 Likes

Agree that they are too stupid to learn. They never do learn from their stupid moves. That is what makes them Rethugs.

And waiting for them to be the least bit ashamed or embarrassed by their assholery is just a waste of time and energy. That is who they are. They are always going to be scum.

2 Likes

Remember it down the road when the Democrats retake the House. Remember every one of them and let them know you’ll remember them.

On the subject of ousting, and Democrats retaking the house, aren’t there 30 or 40 or something Republicans in the house who need booted from office due to the prohibition on insurrectionists serving the government they tried to destroy? Why isn’t that being used to flip the house? Or, is it in the works?

Because the number of critters who’ve been convicted of insurrection or sedition is… zero. In 2022 folks tried to get MTG and madcaw disqualified from the ballot via the 14th amendment, two different federal judges weren’t having it.

Mr. Speaker, I rise today and move to Vacate the Chair due to the ethical misconduct of Mr McCarthy of California. Mr McCarthy has used his power to discipline members without cause while protecting domestic terrorists that child molestors in his own party.

2 Likes

And that’s what counts.

I have no idea how many times I‘ve come to TPM for political insights and found myself expanding my vocabulary. Cordwainer. A new one for me.

2 Likes

“I appreciate Speaker McCarthy’s willingness to address legitimate concerns and add due process language to our resolution. Deliberation and debate are vital for our institution, not top-down approaches,” Spartz said in a Tuesday statement.

“…which is why I’m caving in to pressure from the Speaker.”

profilesincourage

Too bad votes can’t be cobbled together to oust Kev and various others out of the House altogether.

1 Like

I only became familiar with the word a few years ago when, doing genealogical research, l learned that several generations of my early MA and then (after their world in Charlestown has burned down in the Revolution) RI ancestors were cordwainers and tanners. (The mariner remained in their “genes” – my direct ancestor and the extended family fought in various land battles in the Revolution: they were also privateers out of Salem.) Back to the point: my direct ancestor left behind his “Moroccan factory” in Providence after the Panic of 1837 for WI, where he farmed (after selling the RI)-made stock of shoes and boots in Milwaukee, which then had about 400 residents), and then moved to MN in 1859, where they farmed until my great grandfather gave up farming and became a house painter in a college town (so his children could go to college) – though my grandfather continued to work every summer on his uncles’ farms in Mower County. So, my father’s great grandfather was the last of the line in cordwainers and tanners, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the cordwainer/tanner mentality was passed on. My father (who knew almost nothing of this family history, certainly nothing about tanners and cordwainers), even though we could not afford it, always insisted that we children wear quality leather shoes, and he always gave me something leather for a special present – say, to mark a graduation. Henry Louis Gates needs to interview me.

2 Likes

Doesn’t Senator Ron Johnson get to vote on Rep Omar.

After all, he was running campaign commercials last summer that said if one voted for Mandela Barnes, he would be joining the “Squad”.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available