Local Officials On Schools Reopening | Talking Points Memo

And we’ve got another Darwin Award winner, below. It’s not just Trump that is turning a bad pandemic into a catastrophe; it’s millions of imbeciles who’ve been marinated in Soldier of Fortune, Rush Limbaugh, and Fox News for decades. These people are literally a bunch of goddamned suicide bombers:

12 Likes

They’re gonna have to make qualified people really hungry to get them to take those jobs if schools reopen before the virus is controlled.

4 Likes

I posted this early this morning about Trump’s mask wearing comment. After 130,000+ American have died the POTUS says wearing a mask makes him “look like the Lone Ranger”.
That helps.

6 Likes

he’s testing the waters to see how far he can go before, you know, twitter attack.
hopefully more follow suit until it’s a blue wave with red trimmings.

2 Likes

Cuomo made some mistakes. His response wasn’t perfect but what he forced (and I do mean forced) his state to overcome and achieve is a goddamn miracle.

12 Likes

Will the ASPCA step in to protect Silver?

3 Likes

That’s the second young man who has died of stupidity in about two weeks.

10 Likes

He’s already getting scorched. He’s been sued by a bunch of GOP big time donors over the fact that he has responded to the crisis at all - they say it’s overreach and an abuse of his authority. He is also being sued by a consortium of bar owners who are all crying “Unfair!” because he shut the bars down. He’s a Baptist; their whining isn’t going to bother him I don’t think, despite his capitalist soul. hahahaha

8 Likes

it was a learning experience for Cuomo and he prevailed under incredible circumstances.
something that trump couldn’t even remotely fathom in his delusional mind.

9 Likes

He’s hoping they just open themselves, because they love him.

9 Likes

Cuomo made mistakes but heck he took it seriously. He guessed wrong early but of course he got no help from the Federal Government. He being a NYer knew that Trump was a jerk from the start.

8 Likes

WTF? The Lone Ranger’s mask covered the upper half of his face. Trump really doesn’t know down from up does he?

11 Likes

I’m more worried about Tonto!

2 Likes

He really doesn’t.

3 Likes

Has Larry Kudzu ever stepped foot into a public school?

4 Likes

No need to worry, Tonto has it covered.

10 Likes

Is that a synonym for “only the best people”? Because this mal-administration will do nothing to assist in getting “qualified people”

1 Like

I am right there with you. Things that seemed impossible in the 60’s are now common place. Not that long ago the LBGQT community had no rights, then almost over night (ha ha but it seemed so) everything changed. Look at BLM and how that has become accepted by the majority of our country. By not giving up we get results.

17 Likes

It’s true. The majority of the country seems to want that Star Trek future like I do. Once we excise the cancer in the White House, maybe things will start to move toward it. That’s what I think and hope.

12 Likes

Hey, we had a black President, they got John Mitchell, the Cold War ended and Steinbrenner got suspended and they rebuilt the Yankees. Anything can happen.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available