Local Officials On Schools Reopening | Talking Points Memo

“ res ipsa loquitur“

Yikes! Shades of the Atrios blog so many years ago!
:sunglasses:

6 Likes

Kudlow thinks that to open schools all one has to do is unlock a door and open it.

This maladministration certainly plans to kill many Americans

16 Likes

Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

They are doing their best for sure.

4 Likes

Sick white kids that is.

3 Likes

I bet you that Kudlow has never so much as set foot inside a public school.

19 Likes

The environmental impact study for potential Trumptamination could take a while.

4 Likes

MEMO
To all local officials:

Who you going to believe? your very own gut feelings or that idiot in the white house that will blame all of you when it all goes south?
Time to step up to the plate and knock this virus out of the park.
You know what works and what doesn’t.
Get it done and start now.

10 Likes

I’m pretty certain that the educator’s unions are having some intense discussions about now. I expect and hope for some walk out actions by many nationwide. I do not think that it will help tRump to whip on the teachers unions amid a global pandemic.

12 Likes

Smithereens won’t take him cuz covid.

1 Like

We will lose a whole generation of teachers. One way or another.

A lot of them will be looking at retirement between now and the projected start of school.

And then the questions are: “How do you start school with no teachers? Or subs? Or administrators?”

15 Likes

The country has a model in NYC where new cases and viral growth have been reduced to trends analogous to those found in European countries.
Funny that the methods aren’t on the table, eh?

12 Likes

3 teachers out of 30 at my school.

Thanks Obama!

9 Likes

I’m going to go out on that limb and suggest that d2v/dt2 is beyond Trump’s knowledge base despite the genetic impact of his MIT uncle.

4 Likes

It’s really astounding how insanely and persistently ass backwards the Trump administration take on the virus is. They couldn’t be doing more things wrong if they were flipping coins instead of making decisions. Or no. They very well might be doing better if they were flipping coins.

25 Likes

Listen America, if you’re really losing faith in Trump’s stewardship of this crisis, one really good way to show him would be to not let him kill your kids. I mean, if you really have doubts and all, that would make sense.

21 Likes

…well just about everything.

eta, I’ve yet to see anything that I would consider sane or “ass forward” (is that a thing?).

4 Likes

No worries, everyone, when today closes there will probably be close to 60,000 new cases. If I had a kid in school, there is no way in hell I’d let them go to school.

13 Likes

because Cuomo knows trump and how to handle him. Lots of experience dealing with him for many years.That is why he blasts him and trump doesn’t really respond. NYC and Cuomo are doing it right. You would think all the cowards would finally slam dunk trump and move the country away from this virus and especially trump and his minions.

6 Likes

Actually, my Trump loving governor has started moving away from Trump. He needs to shut us all the way down and I’m waiting to see if he does, but he keeps moving incrementally in that direction and away from the laissez faire attitude he had in May.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available