Local Officials On Schools Reopening | Talking Points Memo

Appreciated and I’ll throw in a plug for Philly-based WRTI, an excellent classical and jazz public radio station. Big part of my life. 90.1, with lots of extra affiliated stations. First-rate and worth your attention and support.

4 Likes

Fuck him. There are way too many morons like him who will do this again and again to others. Sooner they disappear, the better.

1 Like

He comes across like a guy who - if he was in charge at NASA & had known all about the “o-rings” and knew the certainty of the risk - would still have said “LAUNCH” because it was the political / corporate thing to do … and he would have just hoped that things turned out lucky.
… this also is the gamble that Trump and DeVos are trying to make with the nation’s school children… and then… via potential chain reactions … with the entire population.

1 Like

Maybe at least once … if it was a voting location …so he could go and vote against a school budget!

My congressman, John Yarmuth, is the chair of the House Budget Committee. He’s not going to let trump do squat to harm any fed money going to schools. Hope he’s thinking about a possible stop on funding of DOJ though…

5 Likes

You do not mess with mothers and their kids. There is no way that mothers are going to send their children into a potentially dangerous situation.

6 Likes

I believe she suffers from an affliction known conventionally as ‘fucked in the head.’

I won’t shed any tears for him. I may send some of those Republican thoughts and prayers, lol. There. That didn’t cost a thing. I didn’t even have to get up out of my comfy chair.

“Derp speed, Mr. Kudlow.”

6 Likes

Some rank and file GOP are whining as well:

1 Like

“… told me in school I wasn’t working up to my potential…”

Hmm, now where have I heard that before?

2 Likes

I believe that – genuinely shocked at what they have wrought. They allowed the conditions that caused the infections and deaths and griefs of the victims’ families.
FL governor too, but he’s going to brazen it out.

3 Likes

Memo to parents: If the state is trying to take away your right to sue, be sure to keep your kids at home. You’ll be glad you did.

5 Likes

It certainly looks that way. She’s following the Trump lead on asking schools to resume for the sake of the economy. But it doesn’t work that way, as killing kids and teachers to improve the economy is, on the face of it, a really bad idea. Besides acting to please Trump, though, she’s pushing her many attempts to get state support for religious schools, as a result of which public schools could fail. And she could care less.

1 Like

Where’s Barron’s? #WheresBarron

1 Like

US new case rate needs to fall by about 98% to create safe conditions for school return. This may take a while given the persistently high number of uninformed individuals six months into this crisis. Apparently, there are groups of individuals who have acquired herd immunity to science.

3 Likes

Once a Benadick means always Beingadick.

And I know everyone is appalled but of course the cult wants the kids to drink the cyanide laced purple Kool-Aid too, because a cult has to cult.

So can we stop calling Republicans radicals and start calling them a cult now?

What???! The press has never bothered to point out that these GOP loons are super-radical-democracy-destroying-SOBs?

Now I see our problem.

2 Likes

I am curious how anyone can teach while wearing a N95 mask. Voice muffling not important? Makes one conclude this is about babysitting, not educating.

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Most states in the South forbid teachers unions. And sick leave is hard to accrue.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available