Listen Closely Because What Donald Trump Is Saying Is Worse Than Ever

He is crazy. A demented old fk but what is ‘worse than ever’ is no matter WHAT he says or does, his ‘supporters’ lap it up and pretend it’s normal. JD runs around answering ‘questions’ with questions that have nothing to do with what’s asked…and the ‘supporters’ think he’s clever. C’mon America.

22 Likes

In a sorta sick way, really want to see video of the whole 40 minutes.:joy:

10 Likes

Must agree with Mr. Zappa.

Once attempted to read an article in a musicology periodical in which the academic had attempted to show how Jimi Hendrix’s use of grace notes in his solos was a deliberate use of tone-painting to depict the concept of “tripping.”

I got just far enough to make sure it wasn’t a joke. It was not. There were transcriptions.

12 Likes

Now let him enforce it…because they certainly won’t obey.

8 Likes

That is a whole lotta noise in those cross tabs. But it makes sense that the poll results don’t make sense. Americans are not the sharpest tools in the shed. They vote for how they want things to be not how best to get them closest to their goals. And then get pissy when they dont get everything exactly the way they want. Smh

15 Likes

Can set it to one of their epic 30+ minute jams…or maybe a deep Dark Star from the Dead, so it gets all dissonant and spacey as he just sways to music of his neuron death…

6 Likes

The have fallen onto the delusion - a Chauncey Gardiner like absurd delusion - that Trump’s incoherency is actually “brilliance”
… Occam’s razor damn it !!! if he is behaving like a delusional idiot - it is because he is one !!
he has lost his fucking mind and cannot process thoughts like a normal person!!!

29 Likes

I have a short video of donnie “dancing” at a rally but I am in no mood to post it and thereby soil our thread.

15 Likes

What happens if, God forbid, the convicted felon wins, then keels over or goes mental before Jan. 20?

I seriously wonder what he’d have to do for his followers to finally say, “Maybe this isn’t normal and I shouldn’t pretend it is.”

7 Likes

Leonard died the day before TSF was elected in 2016. In a strange way, I am envious.

25 Likes

FREE BIRD !!! long version!

5 Likes

Here’s an actual, undisputed Zappa paraphrase: Most rock journalism is written by people who can’t write after interviewing people who can’t talk for people who can’t read.

The first word in the quote is key: Most, not all. But many idiots thought FZ was condemning all music journalism.

21 Likes

I don’t think Trump would keep saying it unless he found it was somewhat working. The tight swing state polls are proving him correct. Don’t call me a downer, I’m just noting what’s given.

I’ll say it. America doesn’t just have a fascist “edge” - it’s a major plurality.

He might have dementia but he’s aware abortion bans lose votes and, sadly, tough talking fascism gets attention.

8 Likes

Reality bites.

8 Likes

I saw some excerpts, and I’m still not sure if it was weirder when he played Jeff Buckley’s cover of “Hallelujah” or when he played Elvis’ rendition of “Dixie.”

ETA: it was Rufus Wainwright, not Buckley?

7 Likes

Would like it to be to some snazzy K-pop tunes.:joy:

6 Likes

setting himself up to declare any ensuing victory to be a broad mandate for disregarding the rule of law

Also, any ensuing defeat.

6 Likes

Just another “improvisational departure” as he’s wont to do. He’ll be fine.

8 Likes

As a musician and former arts journalist, I deeply appreciated that “most.”

12 Likes

This is either tied or a very close second.

Bach/Gounod Ava Maria

2 Likes