Listen Closely Because What Donald Trump Is Saying Is Worse Than Ever

Originally published at: Listen Closely Because What Donald Trump Is Saying Is Worse Than Ever - TPM – Talking Points Memo

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. Trump’s Mandate Would Be Horrific As we veer toward Election Day in just three weeks, Donald Trump’s increasingly fascistic rhetoric is setting himself up to declare any ensuing victory to be a broad mandate for…

1 Like

Huh, first and no cat picture to post or Frist to vote for.

Found a pic of the cat we’re pet sitting for a year.

81 Likes

I voted!!

Just got back from dropping off my ballot at the county voters’ services office.

140 Likes

I’m still in Cleveland, not happy.

21 Likes

All I can think of, where is his family? The only explanation is they are a bad as he is. I mean the man needs help.

51 Likes

Amazing. Glad to see David covered this in MM.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump turned a town hall in Pennsylvania into a concert, singing along and dancing for nearly 40 minutes while his favorite hits played on stage.

Musta been an awkward 40 minutes of watching TSF sundown to YMCA.:flushed:

89 Likes

Thanks for your service to our society.

When we vote, we win!

I’m still in Cincinnati, and there ain’t much joy here in Mudville, either.

37 Likes

I’m in Zagreb and we have one ac adapter and one USB port

42 Likes

I grant you special dispensation to use our state sticker.

38 Likes

Au contraire, a concert requires the presence of musicians. He was playing recordings for his friends. Fortunately for TSF, Luciano Pavarotti and Schubert are both dead, and Andrea Bocelli is Italian.

42 Likes

So, I assume there was no plan to actually do a Q and A event, even one in which the crowd and the questions had been thoroughly vetted. The plan was to find a reason to abandon the Q and A as soon as they possibly could, since there was no upside to allowing him to talk.

58 Likes

Croatia? wtf?!

12 Likes

I saw a clip this morning of TSF swaying to Rufus Wainwright’s cover of Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah. It pained me so much that I wanted to scream.

80 Likes

When did the Tribe sign Rick Ankiel?

1 Like

Mrs. Tater has bidness and I am tagging along. Been up 24 hrs and no weed

45 Likes

Saw a clip of tsf earlier. Had a flashback to a sad, tired Jerry Lewis at the end of the telethon…

39 Likes

It truly is a sad and broken ‘hallelujah’, isn’t it?

The story that I read mentioned only that he played both Bocelli’s and Pavarotti’s Ave Maria. I’m assuming that it is the Schubert setting that he played, because that’s the one most everyone does, but it’s a long, long, long way from the only setting of that prayer.

30 Likes

Not that this group needs reminding, but I have to tell myself sometimes that we have an insane fascist running for president and he’ll get at least 45% of the popular vote and 200+ electoral votes.

Point Nemo looks good sometimes.

41 Likes

Woot!!!

7 Likes

This doesn’t add to the good news, especially the first sentence.

…Americans from traveling overseas, and restrict telecommunications… When Donald Trump was in the Oval Office, members of his national security staff actively worked to keep him from learning the full extent of these interpretations of presidential authority, concerned that he would abuse them.”

Of course, he looked like someone’s grandpa with dementia at that rally last night, but Steven Miller would be happy to step up behind the scenes and do the “honors.”

69 Likes