Lisa Page Sues DOJ, FBI For Privacy Violations One Day After DOJ IG Report Drops

A mobile billboard?
Unable to post full image because of “sensibilities.”

5 Likes

That sounds like heaven :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Haha you, I and @ottnot will have grand times. I think we’d have maybe three honks and one-finger salutes per day and maybe 15 others who’d pull over, shake our hands, get their pictures taken, become lifelong friends, all that.

7 Likes

It’s OK, I get the idea. Not the extended hand to the economically anxious we were so often encouraged to offer for about six days in 2016 but I like it anyway.

1 Like

Absolutely right.

Remember that she is a lawyer. And I’m sure that she has a bunch of lawyer friends and allies – if not organizations – that would help her at a steep discount, given that she has become the Scumbag in Chief’s target at rallies.

10 Likes

She wants exoneration. Though I’m sure she’d take cash & exoneration.

5 Likes

I think Marcy Wheeler coined that one; at least that’s where I saw it first.

2 Likes

It’s the taxpayers’ money and the lawyers are on salary that will be paid regardless.

2 Likes

$729,000, plus atty.

I dunno.

What kind of privacy violation or defamation could possibly be worse than having:

• The FBI release your personal correspondence to the right-wing hate machine
  • The POTUS shits on you without restraint, at least 40 times in writing and countless times at rallies and speeches and comments to reporters

Trump and his allies have spared no expense going after Page and Strzok. I challenge anyone to even hypothesize a more damaging disclosure and slander scenario.

The perpetrators include the most powerful people and organizations on Earth. They routinely spend more on ashtrays for submarines. Even $729k reduces this to “business as usual” in a new gilded age.

The price must either be 9 digits or paid out of the personal funds of the actual people who committed the crime. And since the perpetrators are likely protected from lawsuits generated by their official duties, that means we’re looking at $100 million in order to send a message.

ETA: of course, this is also what the oligarchy wants.

1. Appoint crooks to run government
  2. Deprive the public of the services of functioning government, especially protection from predation by oligarchs (cf. DeVos, Pruitt, etc)
  3. Make the public bear the cost of cleaning up the mess created by those crooks
  4. Point to the mess as proof that government can never work and that chattel slavery is better

In chess, it’s called a “fork.” Present your opponent with only two choices, and make sure both of them suck.

8 Likes

Points 2-4 been the game plan since St. Reagan. Adding mobsters to the mix is just the cherry on top.

6 Likes

I take your point, but I think that if we’re being honest we’d have to admit that Trump’s is not the first Republican administration staffed by literal criminals.

When the GOP sends us their leaders, they’re not sending their best. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Well, to be fair, they are

11 Likes

You have a completely different kind of case. Between contingency fees and potential defense liability for reasonable attorneys’ fees (not just costs), this case will cost her no cash out of hand, and won’t leave her in debt.

If someone takes it on contingency, sure. But if they’re that confident of winning, that also ups the chance of a quick settlement offer, when everyone can max out the return.

That sounds like the Group W bench from Alice’s Restaurant Massacree.

4 Likes

I hope he counsel insists that DoJ name names, for further legal action.

2 Likes

That might work on your average Joe(or Lisa).

Ask yourself, is that how a seasoned former FBI lawyer with a deep bench of lawyer friends as well as FBI lawyer friends whose GoFundMe campaigns met their goals in very very short timeframes, would react?

I am thinking no.

And admissions of wrongdoing.
My impression of her, from recent public communication, is that principle is part of her agenda.

2 Likes

Good luck getting that out of the current potus.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available