Lisa Page Sues DOJ, FBI For Privacy Violations One Day After DOJ IG Report Drops

I hope she gets enough to start a Super PAC.

5 Likes

Depends what they’re offering. If someone tells you you are going to have to cough up several hundred thousand in lawyer bills for a trial, where you risk getting nothing and being out that, or they’ll just pay you the same to go away, most often people take the money and walk away with the victory.

7 Likes

Our civil litigation system sucks. Advantage deep pockets.

I know a couple of women who settled. At least, that is what we assume when they suddenly do not talk about a lawsuit previously freely discussed with friends. And the sad part, due to these gag orders, the company comes out with no stain.

And, at least in Silicon Valley, there is an underbelly of HR folks who themselves violate the spirit of gag orders. “Hmm, reference for Sally? Well, she is a bit of a troublemaker…”

9 Likes

Yup, 100%. Sucks that people can sue or be sued out of existence by the one with the deeper pockets, regardless of the merits or who is in the right.

5 Likes

Good for her.

2 Likes

This is a good debate. I’m with phd9 that there’s a really good chance Page currently has every intention of going the distance with this regardless of how much she’s offered. (There is the optimistic scenario that Page settles in 2021 because a very different AG is willing to publicly acknowledge DOJ wrongdoing.)

Her Kickstarter for legal bills would be popular if she needed to raise funds to avoid settling.

10 Likes

A settlement bribe payoff? From Don the Con and his Toochus Lecher “Roy Cohn” Barr. Say it ain’t so.

3 Likes

Probably just a boilerplate opening. The amount she settles for will certainly be determined by how much this administration doesn’t want to go to trial at all. She’s been scurrilously defamed by the president of the United States. I think they would prefer to make that go away and she’ll get a handsome sum to do so. Middle-high six figures easy, maybe more. Just my guess.

11 Likes

They best hope if it goes to trial they do not have somebody like me on the jury. The damages would indeed be $1000…for each day “since the December 12 disclosure”. Plus Attorneys fees.

5 Likes

Yes, and yes. I believe she deserves a middle-high six figure settlement.

8 Likes

Caught my eyes too. My thought is that she is not interested in monetary damages. More like a full on accounting of wrong doing upon those responsible. To me, that’s what a really intelligent person who really knows the law would do.

7 Likes

Yes: This law suit was inevitable the day the texts were released.
Yes: She was smart to give her interview and wait for IG’s report.
Yes: She will win. Just like McCabe and Stozk will win.

16 Likes

I’d privately demand enough that I could sock it away, live on the interest, and have enough left over to construct a giant “TRUCK FUMP” sign on my front yard under which I’d sit, drinking cocktails all day and waving cheerfully to passersby.

16 Likes

There are some very courageous women out there!

3 Likes

A bit subtle, don’t you think?

3 Likes

Reaction from Nunes: if she was as smart as me, she’d be asking for real moolah.

3 Likes

It’s just my respect for the sensibilities of others. That, and laws about signs with cusses on them.

3 Likes

haha yeah he’s always suing for like a hundred million billion kachillion dollars. It’s like little-kid math is the only math he knows.

2 Likes

I’ll move next door and put up a sign reading “IN THE RUMP”

4 Likes

A mobile billboard?
Unable to post full image because of “sensibilities.”

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available