Lindsey Graham’s Kyiv Adventure Shows GOP Split On Ukraine

Lindsey Graham is awful, of course.

That said, this piece, which chronicles Graham’s whole-person conversion into an aggressive (and adept) Fascist, is worth a read.

3 Likes

Indeed. He may want to talk to some of his GQP colleagues in the House.

Both is a strong option.

11 Likes

15 Likes

Actually, a lot of people might split. Requesting asylum in Canada, say.

4 Likes

It’s all trolling, only with artillery and dead civilians.

2 Likes

The screen writers strike has forced crisis actors to look for work abroad.

5 Likes

It wasn’t clear (at least to me) from the TPM article, but it was apparently Zelenskiy’s office, not a pro-Russian group, that released the edited version of the video. Here’s from AP:

While Graham appeared to have made the remarks in different parts of the conversation, the short video by Ukraine’s presidential office put them next to each other, causing outrage in Russia

Bad move by Zelenskiy’s office, but also if Russia wants to see the USA instantly united on a bipartisan basis against the Kremlin, yeah, go kidnap a U.S. Senator because that would do it

5 Likes

You’ll have to forgive him or her. They’ve been snoozing for a few years.

1 Like

I like using Elmo when referring to Elon. In meetings we would call an “ELMO, Enough already Let’s Move On. Seems appropriate when talking about Musk

5 Likes

Ms. Reade’s handlers as well as her bank account and financial statements should have been fodder ever since she made these accusations against Biden.

2 Likes

Has Graham ever taken any position where it actually cost him something? He is the most spineless, aimless creature in the Senate. There are types of phytoplankton with more substance than him.

3 Likes

@robertooghe’s observation was correct. The article had a typo in it when it was first posted on the front page. It did say “RFK Jr.”

Also, we are a welcoming community. It does not matter how often someone chooses to post a comment.

4 Likes

Is she moving to that new Moscow suburb for US conservatives? Will this be part of a new Netflix series “Selling MAGAstan”?

4 Likes

Oh, okay. But the fact is I’m old enough to remember RFK’s assassination and may have even watched it. He was going to restore our pride in our country and bring dignity and hope to those who’d been shut out, sort of finishing his brother’s legacy. It followed on the heels of MLK Jr’s murder and it was just too much to bear.

How could I of all people disagree with being able to post as often as need be? I’m sometimes the virtual big mouth, so I get it.

7 Likes

Forget it Jake, it’s South Carolina, where the first shot was fired in the American Civil War.

2 Likes

At taxpayers’ expense naturally.

1 Like

One would think by now that since Trump is Putin’s cockholster (thank you Jon Stewart) by extension Linds would be as well. But that SC military money comes first, unless Moscow Donnie manages to get back in?

This is the classic Linz flip flop, but chances are he’ll deny he meant a word of it when someone puts a mic and a camera in front of his face in a Senate hallway…

“You know how you make America great again?” Graham asked in 2015. “Tell Donald Trump to go to hell.” Then, on the same day Trump essentially clinched the GOP nomination, the senator predicted, “If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed…and we will deserve it.”

he [once referred to] trump (https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/08/politics/lindsey-graham-donald-trump-go-to-hell-ted-cruz/index.html) as a “race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot” when he thought he didn’t have a chance of winning the Republican nomination, let alone the presidency.

7 Likes

Ah now, that’s very interesting; if true a clever but potentially dangerous move since allies typically resent being played.

But I’d still say my comment stands as as generality even if this edited video was not an exemplar of same.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available