Lindsey Graham Is ‘Not Trying To Pretend To Be A Fair Juror’ In Trump Trial | Talking Points Memo

Several Republican senators have avoided commenting on President Donald Trump’s impending impeachment trial by protesting that they intend to serve as impartial jurors.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1268333

The whole ongoing criminal enterprise needs to go.
They all just shit on the constitution

50 Likes

This thing will come to the Senate, and it will die quickly, and I will do everything I can to make it die quickly,”

here is to hoping it backfires and rips your head off.

32 Likes

I love when he works himself up into a hissy-fit because he’s so OUTRAGED by the WRONGNESS of it all, seeing how he was pretty clear about what a disaster Trump was before that interesting golf outing when everything changed.

62 Likes

Looking at Graham is like looking at Pinocchio without a chance of being a real boy.

32 Likes

O no!!
Terrorist fist bumps!

10 Likes

“I want this to end as quick as possible for the good of the Senate, for the good of the country,” Graham said. “And I think the best thing for America to do is get this behind us. We know how it’s going to end.

Was it appropriate for the senator to air his views even before the trial began? Anderson asked.

“Well, I must think so because I’m doing it,” Graham responded.

k

19 Likes

South Carolina? Seriously, this is the best you can come up with?

10 Likes

Too late—he turned into a donkey. A fussy, whiny, lying little traitor donkey.

21 Likes

one would think that any juror in any court anywhere in this country would be excused and banned from participating.
graham and mitch for starters

5 Likes

Is it just me, but Graham isn’t looking at State Dept. Spokesperson Morgan Ortagus. He’s make her do all the work. And what’s up with Morgan and Ivanka both wearing pink and black?

3 Likes

I just want to know if the NRSC is keeping a list of how many senators might lose their seats over this.

8 Likes

He joined the Democrats?

Oh, that’s not what you meant. My bad.

6 Likes

aka a Jackass.

7 Likes

I suppose that I’ll give him the point for honesty there. The “openly and shamelessly pissing on the Constitution in broad daylight” kind.

Here is the point: :fu:

8 Likes

I’m guessing somewhere between none and nada…

3 Likes

Was it appropriate for the senator to air his views even before the trial began? Anderson asked.

“Well, I must think so because I’m doing it,” Graham responded.

Great question on Anderson’s part. This feels like not-stenography. Folks with more nuanced assessments are welcome to correct me.

And I kind of love the rhetorical move Lindsey responds with. Yes he’s a traitor, but I just love this vignette. It feels substantially honest true.

FYI: Graham’s Dem challenger, Jaime Harrison, is within 2% of Miss Lindsey. Now is a good time to build on that momentum.

33 Likes

I’m not going to tag the person that I initially had the impeachment conversation with, but my approx question to him was: “do you think voters will do anything about a Trump acquittal?”

We’re about to find out.

13 Likes

“No shit, Dick Tracy.”

Maybe, but I’d like to think that the committee is worried about Maine and Colorado.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available