Lindsey Graham Is ‘Not Trying To Pretend To Be A Fair Juror’ In Trump Trial | Talking Points Memo

“I am trying to give a pretty clear signal I have made up my mind,” he added later. “I’m not trying to pretend to be a fair juror here.”

Graham picking up Trump’s bad habit of making the subtext text.

15 Likes

Rule XXV of the Senate Rules in Impeachment Trials :

”I solemnly swear (or affirm) that in all things appertaining to the trial of ____, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws, so help me God.”

27 Likes

“No kangaroo, No kangaroo… You’re the kangaroo!”

20 Likes

Whoa - I’ll say it is. That’s within most margins of error. No wonder Lindsey is dancing with the devil for all he’s worth.

39 Likes

Maybe AZ with Mark Kelly rising and even NC with Thom Tillis fading.

12 Likes

And the question needs to be linked with the oath they’re gonna take.

7 Likes

Ty for those reminders.

5 Likes

This just proves they are all in on it. The next Democratic Administration needs to open up a full blown RICO investigation into the Republican Party. If they think this is all a joke, then the next Administration needs to take the leash off a (justifiably) aggrieved FBI and set them loose on all these fuckers. A sham trial in the Senate won’t convince me or any objective voter that Trump isn’t a thug. Sorry Moscow Mitch and Miss Lindsey.

18 Likes

I don’t have a problem with Graham saying he’s made up his mind, and want to get it over with quickly.

What I have a problem with is that Graham is also on record as saying he wasn’t paying any attention to the House hearings on impeachment. Its one thing to make up your mind based on the available evidence, and something entirely different – and exceedingly wrong — about doing so while assiduously avoiding the facts.

18 Likes

Perhaps Leningrad Lindsay should be reminded the oath he’s to swear as a senate juror. (I posted this on another thread as well.)

10 Likes

Some Dem senators in interviews on MSNBC have said there may be at least five and as many as ten without naming names. Also news I don’t think we’ve seen here. Bloomberg is going to do what he can to defeat trumPP. His other goal is ensuring that

Rep. Nancy Pelosi retains her House speakership, and he plans to give $100 million to help Democrats in congressional races around the country.

He said he is giving an additional $5 million to former Georgia state lawmaker and gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams’ national voter registration effort, which could be key to any Democrat’s chances of beating Trump.

@tpr Reporting from SF Chronicle

16 Likes

Graham has already done his own investigation. He found that not being trump’s lap dog gives him a 0% chance of re-election. Hopefully graham(and trump) will be forced into retirement in 13 months.

5 Likes

Essay this afternoon from Josh…It’s As Simple As That:

[“The extremely open (indeed bragging about it) joint impeachment trial planning between the President and Senate Republicans is a good opportunity to restate a point I’ve made several times recently in a slightly different context. The Senate trial is nominally a trial of Donald J. Trump. But in fact, his guilt is obvious, proven by an overwhelming body of evidence. Senate Republicans themselves know this. But this is the point. It’s not really Trump who is on trial. It’s Senate Republicans. The question is whether there is any level of criminal conduct from President Trump they won’t accept. We already know the answer to that. There’s none. Democrats’ trial strategy should be to make this point over and over and over again. It’s as simple as that.”]

The above MUST be entered into the narrative of this thread

24 Likes

No conflict. The Evangelical base has proclaimed that Trump is “the chosen one” and “sent by God to do great things.” Far be it from Graham, McConnell, et al., to deny him three times.

2 Likes

His routine is becoming a signature for him. It may have been theater but I think he is now caught in his own scene and doesn’t realize it is now him. Wait till he has that look your face in the mirror moment and realizes he can’t dial it back or walk away from it.

4 Likes

The laughing chimp thanks her too :sunglasses:

3 Likes

No, it’s not you…It looks like Lindsay & Ivanka just saw someone approaching they adore. Could it be DT?
Girls love pink?

1 Like

Fixed!

A fussy, whiny, lying little traitor ass.

3 Likes

Probably should send Harrison some money

3 Likes

Well I do appreciate the money he’s pouring into the election on all these different levels and fronts.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available