‘Like A Coward’: Officer Who Risked His Life On Jan. 6 Describes Snub From GOP Rep | Talking Points Memo

Clyde has compared the Jan 6 riot to a “normal tourist visit.”

Other highlights of his career:

1. Graduated from an evangelical college in Indiana.
  2. Was an officer in the Navy for 28 years, including 3 combat deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq, where one of his assignments was taking down statues of Saddam.
  3. Opened a gun dealership in Athens, Georgia.
  4. Got in trouble with the IRS for structuring bank deposits.
  5. Sued Athens, GA, for its covid restrictions.
  6. Ran for Congress on a platform of “limiting government.” Assumed office on Jan 3, 2021, three days before he helped barricade the House chamber against the “normal tourists.”
6 Likes

Toppling statues is cushy duty.

3 Likes

Fanone I think introduced himself or if NOT he feels that he (Fanone) feels he is on tv enough to be recognized in the halls of congress. He said Clyde gave him a dirty look as he entered the elevator.

I especially loved the GOP congresswoman who belittled AOC for her video on how scared she was that day by saying it was NO BIG DEAL and then somebody got HER video-feed from that day and she was leaving messages for family and friends JUST in case something happened to her.
Like Gosar yesterday: IF there was no issue, why the HOOEY did he put on a gas mask?

7 Likes

Don’t really care. It IS sad and disgusting, but ANYBODY getting “snubbed” is not news. It happens every day and eventually to everybody. It is actually petty to put this into the news reporting.

You know these GOP/GQP act as if we when we go to bed at night our memories are wiped clean, and thus every morning we get up and have no memory of what they said the day, week, month, or year before.

“some dance to remember, some dance to forget”-I know which dance I perform. I just need to get me some “steely knives”.

3 Likes

Don’t give a fuck whether you care.

Congressman refuses to shake hand of one of the cops that kept his ass out of harm’s way is worth reporting.

11 Likes

The Trumpthuglicans have no issues they won’t throw under the bus at the drop of a hat if they think it will lead them to gain more power. They believe in nothing – other than power.

Yes. A key part of the 1/6 story.

1 Like

Who cares? Clyde is as Fanone describes him. Clyde is nothing but a low-life coward.

2 Likes

Andrew Clyde is a gun dealer, born on November 22, 1963. Wut ?

Rep. Clyde is more than a coward. He is a sleazy little piece of human garbage.

Since Dear Leader’s daughter didn’t even let her secret service detail use one of their 6 bathrooms, this behavior is not much of a surprise.
They are there to be shot at because your hide is more precious.

1 Like

“Like” a coward?

I never get tired of that question. Have you written ABC, CBS and NBC and told them they need to keep their coverage factual and not just parrot Republican messaging? They need to know viewers care.

3 Likes

I don’t think the babies would mind that.

3 Likes

you vixen, you

4 Likes

Many snubs aren’t newsworthy. This one is for the reason you indicate. It’s a kind of high-water mark of hypocrisy and denial about the meaning of the incident from a party that fetishizes authority in all its forms.

4 Likes

As far as I can tell young people instinctively mistrust him. I remember my own youth when, as a vulnerable person, you saw a threat for what it was. Cats are the same way. I don’t think any halfway alert cat would be in a room with Trump. It would absent itself until that braying voice had been gone for a goodly length of time.

3 Likes

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available