‘Like A Coward’: Officer Who Risked His Life On Jan. 6 Describes Snub From GOP Rep | Talking Points Memo

Michael Fanone, a D.C. Metropolitan Police officer who defended the Capitol on Jan. 6, took aim at Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-GA) on Wednesday night after the GOP lawmaker snubbed him.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1378116

So, how long until Clyde files an assault and/or stalking charge against Fanone? For “intimidating”him??

20 Likes

Story speaks for itself…and will be repeated.

20 Likes

Exactly WTF is wrong with Clyde, other than the obvious part about being an R dickhead? Can’t he even fake it?

13 Likes

Props to Fenone. He ain’t gonna let this drop.

29 Likes

Also with him putting himself out there, more officers might also start speaking out about what they experienced that day.

20 Likes

I guess all of the so-called Repub bragging about their support for the police and touting “Blue Lives Matter,” it is all a facade. More hypocrisy from the “law and order” clowns.

16 Likes

The problem for Clyde and his ilk is that the whole thing on January 6th was filmed, by numerous cameras. This footage can and should be used against Clyde and the other deniers and liars when next they runs for election.

15 Likes

This is subhuman behavior. But I guess that’s what the worst of the party and their supporters are.

10 Likes

Clyde and his ilk will never, ever live this down. He may be able to hold onto his gerrymandered seat, but for the rest of his life, decent citizens are going to spit on him.

20 Likes

When Ofc. Sicknick’s mom and gf went to Congress, Ms. Garcia was very firm in saying Ofc. Sicknick and she ‘were’ big Trump supporters; Mom said she was NOT a Trump supporter.

Clyde IS a little coward; unwilling to shake hands w/Ofc. Fanone (I would make a suggestion to the Dems when discussing “defend the police” because there were other officers who suffered HORRIBLE injuries (I am thinking Fanone’s tasering and subsequent heart attack; the person who lost an eye; the person who lost some fingers; and there were others) and I think they should also be stressed.

I believe the stress of the attack brought on Sicknick’s stroke, and most seem to agree that the two suicides of CapCops in the aftermath were a response to the violence of January 6th. But we can only ‘try’ the two guys who bear maced him for assault not murder.

Clyde and his ilk are cowards of the first degree. Did Dante have a Circle of Hell for COWARDS? ‘’

ETA: I found it: Cowards don’t make it INTO Hell, they are stuck on the Periphery.

Periphery of Hell: Cowardice: Inferno 3 - Chicago Scholarship (universitypressscholarship.com)

14 Likes

He said he has PTSD (I doubt he has gone back to work; I bet he is on Medical Leave due to his multiple HEART ATTACKS) and I think this is his way of dealing with the PTSD.

5 Likes

The epitome, nadir,shining star of cowardice and there are so many just like him throughout this warped collection of seriously flawed party members.

6 Likes

Nope. You don’t even get lip service to simple decency any more. The one risked and nearly lost his life protecting the other, but the whole situation is bad politically for the Republicans so the man who enabled you to take your own cowardly ass out of there to safety is an enemy. It’s hard to believe how contemptible it is.

28 Likes

Every picture I have seen of Clyde, he has a leather strap diagonally coming down from his right shoulder to left hip, under his coat. So I don’t believe it is a satchel. Strap-On? Colostomy bag? Gun holster? I didn’t know he was a tough guy!

5 Likes

It’s not called the Gang Of Pussies for nothin’.

9 Likes

He’s a gun dealer and has been fined twice for going around the metal detector.

18 Likes

A politician who won’t shake someone’s hand because he doesn’t know who he is? Am I missing something here?

10 Likes

“I hate who you hate”

A five-word platform. Nuff Sedd

5 Likes

Years ago there was a prison riot in NM and a number of guards were taken prisoner by the rampaging inmates. Afterwards all of the guards who were held hostage and abused by the inmates were permanently disabled. The officers who held to their duty to protect Congress probably suffered a number of permanent disability physical and psychic injuries that day. Clyde is doing his best to make sure they are.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available