Life on a Block With an Emergency Morgue Truck: ‘We Hear the Hum of the Refrigerator Going All Night Long’ | Talking Points Memo

This story was first published at ProPublica. ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1300635

Trump the Executioner; This HORROR is YOUR FAULT.
Asleep at the switch; After tearing up the railroad tracks.

3 Likes

Trump Truck - they should tag it with MAGA.

6 Likes

Trump says cadaverine and Pence says putrescine.

1 Like

US has just crossed 160k Covid infections and 2,953 death toll as of this comment.

Meanwhile…Covid-19 Deniers spreading disinformation on FB:

To all of you MAGA/Covid-19 Deniers…This is REAL and the death toll is rising… Save Live = Stay Home

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

3 Likes

All the morgue trucks should be kept on the White House lawn, in front of Trump Tower, and at Mar-e-Covid.

7 Likes

MAGA Don’t Fear the Reaper

1 Like

Did you ever - in your wildest imagination - think that it would come to this?

8 Likes

No, but yes. I feared as much over a month ago when I put my mom on lockdown, and pray people stay put and this can end as quickly as possible. There is zero leadership from the top and that makes it so much worse. We are fending for ourselves.

7 Likes

Thank you, TPM honchos and editors, for including these ProPublica features. This is a much-needed upgrade to the Forums! I have been reading these for the past weeks or so, and appreciate them so much. Thoughtful stories, no “Huff-Post” click-bait!

8 Likes

More MAGA rallies! Might as well clean the gene pool. A two-fer!

1 Like

But they interact with other folks, and they breed. My wish is mass sterilization of that crowd.

1 Like

This is heartbreaking. Each bundle in a body bag or sheet is a loved one, a parent, a father brother mother or sister. At the end of our lives we are truly just a shell, but the folks that move these bodies will be scarred for life. The leadership in the country that contributed to needless death should witness this and then rot in hell when their time comes.

9 Likes

Sadly, yes. It’s been baked in for a long time. But I never thought it would be embodied by a person as stupid, ugly, and malformed as Trump or a political party as thoroughly corrupt and vile as the current Republican party. No one is trying to pretend to care among that crowd. Now that I think of it, maybe all they have been capable of is pretense to cover the corruption, but I could use a little pretense of humanity from the Republican party and their oligarch paymasters about now. I guess all those white Republican men fakers are dead. See e.g., Mitt Romney - The living and walking dead.

6 Likes

Last night I was arguing with a few folks on Twitter who were looking straight at bodies being loaded on one of these trucks and saying they didn’t see what everyone else saw. One guy took it on himself to “call bullshit” on it. Another said she was nobody’s fool and would question “information that’s put out that doesn’t make sense.” I honestly don’t know what to say about people who watch bodies being loaded onto refrigerator trucks and say things like that. YOU ARE LOOKING AT MASS DEATH. I understand it’s threatening. I understand it’s a little too real. I understand it’s not a good look for a president you’d prefer to think only good thoughts about. BUT IT’S REAL. Fucking deal with it.

10 Likes

Arlington Cemetery was built on Robert E. Lee’s land, in retribution for the deaths he caused.

Maybe we should tear down Trump Tower and replace it with a memorial to the victims of Trump’s folly.

3 Likes

There are those that still post memes about Hillary and Nancy and get all wound up about Rachel Maddow commenting on how long it will take the Comfort to arrive in NYC. All bullcrap. They can’t deal with the reality in front of them so they go back to the bowels of teapartybirthertrumpyville where they feel safe and comfy. Until this hits them, and then it’s Obamas fault. Truly sad.

5 Likes

Nah. Given the number of older Americans this will effect, it should be Mar-a-Lago. We could do like Arlington, start burying folks there…

3 Likes

The National Cemeteries were filling up quickly back in the happier times BC (Before Covid 19.) Golf courses make lovely cemeteries. Let’s get that eminent domain thing going.

4 Likes

It was never their strong point. : (

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available