Latest Witness Is Leaving A Michael Cohen-Shaped Hole In Description Of Hush Money Scheme - TPM – Talking Points Memo

NEW YORK — He’s nowhere to be seen at Donald Trump’s New York criminal trial, but he’s everywhere: Michael Cohen, the former president’s ex-fixer.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1487786

When people hear from Michael Cohen and try to imagine him as Trump’s fixer, they will be thoroughly disgusted with both of them.

21 Likes

Prosecutors: It’s been established, Mr. Cohen, that you repeatedly lied - and were even prosecuted & jailed for it. Two questions: who did you lie for? and are you telling the truth now?

Michael Cohen: The defendant, Donald J. Trump. Yes.

41 Likes

Has Cohen already served out his sentence? If so, that would lend to his credibility in his testimony if/when it happens in this trial.

9 Likes

Eventually, Cohen relented: “Goddamit, I’ll just do it myself,” he said, per Davidson.

Shades of Bill O’Reilly’s “WE’LL DO IT LIVE”

18 Likes

"No shit, Sherlock! I’m on you now. You are fucking with me now. Let’s see who you are. Watch your back, bitch. Call me. Don’t be afraid, you piece of shit. Stand up. If you don’t call, you’re just afraid. I already know where you live, I’m on you. You might as well call me. You will see me. I promise. Bro.”

7 Likes

"Tread very fucking lightly because what I’m going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting."

10 Likes

But after the agreement to buy Daniels’ silence for $130,000 was signed, a problem immediately arose: the money did not come through.

This type of thing happens a lot with Donald Trump.

56 Likes

Because Trump does not like to pay his bills.

16 Likes

It’s SOP for that POS.

34 Likes

I think it’s safe to say Cohen is going to go through some stuff. We knew this. Cohen has known it from the get-go. There will be some blood on the floor.

I think Cohen and the prosecutors will ace it. Cohen’s youth and ability will contrast with Trump’s sullen decline. Cohen knows he can take a beating.

In any case Cohen knows he’ll live longer than Trump. I’m sure that strengthens his resolve.

56 Likes

“But after the agreement to buy Daniels’ silence for $130,000 was signed, a problem immediately arose: the money did not come through.” Donnie’s fingerprints, baby.

34 Likes

It’s a pattern with him. A fact pattern.

11 Likes

Sure it wasn’t an actor pretending to be a police officer? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Crawford

1 Like

There may be a reason they can’t find him. Maybe under the Meadowlands.

2 Likes

And I think Cohen is tough enough to take it. He’s been to prison; he has probably received numerous death threats. If we can take him at his word and in this instance I think we can), he knows what a sleazy life he led working for the dotard.

What can DFG’s lawyers do that could make his life any worse?

23 Likes

He has.

You’ll also recall that Cockholster, through his henchman AG disBarr, had him sent back to jail (he had been sent to home confinement early as one of the thousands of prisoners released due to Covid concerns) in an attempt to quash Cohen’s book deal. He was then released tout de suite by a judge who recognized the move as a blatant abuse of power.

40 Likes

I love how Cohen has tried to brand himself the fighter for Democracy ever since this whole thing has blown up. And his continual whining about how he was mistreated by the justice system is equally rich. That said, he’s no fool and he’ll probably do a good job in court.

19 Likes

It’s an important detail, in part because it sets up a key sequence of events for the case: with Trump refusing, Cohen paid Stormy Daniels with his own money, leading him to demand reimbursement from Trump. It was the alleged reimbursement which forms the basis of the charges against Trump.

Most enjoyable reading.

17 Likes

He may be the exception to Rick Wilson’s rule: ETTD.

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available