Kushner Company Agrees To Pay At Least $3.25 Million To Settle Claims Of Shoddy Apartments And Rent Abuses

Good lord this statement is about a cold as they come and sounds like Jared. So much for the human beings who were victimized.

“Westminster is pleased to have settled this litigation with no admission of liability or wrongdoing. We look forward to moving past this matter so that we can focus on our ever-expanding real estate portfolio.”

22 Likes

Pocket change. That’s the kind of money Jared finds under the couch cushion.

10 Likes

Like I said, pocket change.

6 Likes

OT:, but in keeping with today’s theme of “exploiting the vulnerable hurts us all”, @hardyweinberg posted this article on another thread:

Many nonprofit hospitals were ill equipped for a flood of critically sick Covid-19 patients because they had been operating with skeleton staffs in an effort to cut costs and boost profits. Others lacked intensive care units and other resources to weather a pandemic because the nonprofit chains that owned them had focused on investments in rich communities at the expense of poorer ones.

ETA: whoops, it was @das who shared this important article

20 Likes

Edited the post. Thanks for the correction

1 Like

And watch it develop into a cat. 4-5 hurricane before making landfall next week. I think they’re predicting cat. 3 but that ocean is way too hot. If it moves slow enough it will be bigger.

3 Likes

There’s a common thread connecting Fred trump, tdfg, and kushner—racism. Interesting read

Some excepts
In December 1950, Woody Guthrie signed his name to the lease of a new apartment in Brooklyn. Even now, over half a century later, that uninspiring document prompts a double-take.

Below all the legal jargon is the signature of the man who had composed “This Land Is Your Land,” the most resounding appeal to an equal share for all in America. Below that is the signature of Donald Trump’s father, Fred. No pairing could appear more unlikely.

Only a year into his Beach Haven residency, Guthrie – himself a veteran – was already lamenting the bigotry that pervaded his new, lily-white neighborhood, which he’d taken to calling “Bitch Havens.”

24 Likes

The deadline for Digital World to acquire Donald Trump's Truth Social passed on Sept 20

Investors are walking away from commitments of $140 million, SEC filings show.

Reuters reported that Sabby Management investors bowed out, taking away $100 million.

—Business Insider

🤣🤣

— Pam Resists🇺🇸🇺🇦💔💔💔 (@ResisterForever) September 24, 2022
26 Likes

Yeah the NOAA model has Ian passing over some pretty hot Gulf water (86.7 F near Naples FL, crazy hot). Looking at the European model yesterday Ian also looks sopping wet.

11 Likes

Turds of a feather flock together.

Don’t forget that Hannity is a slum lord, also.

30 Likes

Being shoddy and abusive is an endemic characteristic of the Kushner Companies and the Trump Organization, bother business-wise and for the management personally. Not really new news.

4 Likes

Now wait just one damn minute!!

18 Likes

Being held to account is news (and welcome news at that). Also, if it’s okay to talk about how the local sportsball season is going after each and every game (yup, still pretty terrible, still no chance of making playoffs, just like last week), why isn’t it okay to talk about ongoing injustice multiple times a year?

By my count this is two (2) articles in five and a half years. That doesn’t seem like a huge imposition on my attention

5 Likes

Dr. Rod Hochman, Providence’s chief executive, told an industry publication in 2021 that “‘nonprofit health care’ is a misnomer.”

“It is tax-exempt health care,” he said. “It still makes profits.”

13 Likes

Awwwwwwwww…what a sweetie!

2 Likes

Sometimes, I’m not certain whether these purveyors of video-game religion actually believe the bullshit they extrude, owing to it’s being so completely preposterous, but they give every evidence of actually believing it.

BTW - Waiting for claims that George Soros and the Rothschilds are secretly contolling the weather from a clandestine base in the Utopia Planitia region on Mars.

16 Likes

Bet someone got a sweet Christmas bonus for dreaming up that little fuckdollop of a loophole

16 Likes

Wasn’t that a “General Hospital” plot line back in the early 1980s? (I was in college, and it was on in the Student Union).

3 Likes

So I guess jimmylevy isn’t a Kate Bush fan if he’s going afer clOud s33d.

6 Likes

Let us not be remiss and gloss over all the other elders of Zion who’ve got a piece of this action!

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available