Kushner Company Agrees To Pay At Least $3.25 Million To Settle Claims Of Shoddy Apartments And Rent Abuses

once it gets over the GULF… anyhting can happen…it will hit the panhandle really hard.

1 Like

Amen. I’m a younger Boomer and it’s not lost on me that the older half of the cohort mostly siphoned off the goods before us young pups had a chance to get started. We did, however, show up for environmental cleanup, sustainability, women’s rights, LGBTQ rights, and much more.

Every generation makes their mark. We all muddle through as well as we can. It is now time for the millenials to step up and take their place as adults, making the hard decisions, deciding what kind of country we want to be.

6 Likes

We have had our worse storms in OCT-NOV. thats when the ocean water has reached it’ s highest temp…

2 Likes

I think of Lincoln’s First Inaugural a lot. (You may think: too much.)

“We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory…will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."

2 Likes

Unrelated musically but…

1 Like

That’s a pretty Red portion of the state from what I hear.

1 Like

He just swung through the area and didn’t talk Ukraine at least

1 Like

I’m feeling Shakespearean about this. I want the “pound of flesh”.

2 Likes
9 Likes

Demands for immediate and prolific Federal aid in 3…2…

4 Likes

I thought this was funny.

2 Likes

Tropical Storm Ian to begin “rapidly strengthening,” could hit Florida as major hurricane - CBS News

Just as I suspected

If you’ve had COVID-19, it may still be messing with your brain. Those who have been infected with the virus are at increased risk of developing a range of neurological conditions in the first year after the infection, new research shows. Such complications include strokes, cognitive and memory problems, depression, anxiety and migraine headaches, according to a comprehensive analysis of federal health data by researchers at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and the Veterans Affairs St. Louis Health Care system.
Study reveals the long-term neurologic consequences of COVID-19.

News-Medical

Overall, COVID-19 has contributed to more than 40 million new cases of neurological disorders worldwide, Al-Aly said.
3 Likes

Doing my best to avoid infection.
Mask in public
3rd booster on 9/13/22
avoid crowds
Very short visits to stores
wipe down groceries.
Purell is my friend

4 Likes

'The tools are getting picked off’: An ever-mutating mix of COVID variants means fewer and less effective treatments this fall | Fortune

Fauci this week called the BA.2.75.2 variant “suspicious,” in that it has the potential to develop into a variant of concern for the fall.

In Rajnarayanan’s book, it’s the most formidable of up-and-coming strains because of its spike protein—a feature that allows it to enter cells—binds more tightly to human cells than that of any other variant. By doing so, it makes it more difficult for antibodies to successfully attack.

The variant is picking up mutations that make it more similar to globally dominant BA.5 and the deadly Delta variant of late 2021. And it’s just “a couple of mutations away from picking up increased transmission speed,” Rajnarayanan said.

To make matters worse, the new variant shows “extensive escape” ability, according to a new preprint paper released this week by researchers at the Imperial College in London and the Karolinska Institute in Sweden.

The paper, which is not yet peer reviewed but has been widely cited by experts, called the variant “the most neutralization-resistant variant evaluated to date,” and said it may effectively evade antibody immunity, built by vaccination and prior infection.

1 Like

The current available booster from Pfizer works againts the original version of covid and the BA-4 and BA-5 variants. BA-4 and BA-5 spike proteins are structurally very similar such that one antibody works for both. So the new shot is called “bi-valent” when really it is “tri-valent” I have heard thru my old science connections (I was a researcher for decades in a medical school). that work is being done on a method that would create immune responses to nearly every possible variation in the spike protein all in one shot. Right now this is in the theoretical and initial testing stage. But chemically the theory is sound. I hope it pans out. I may be retired but I still do “thought experiments”.

4 Likes

“Were you lying then, or are you lying now?”

Nice pants, dude. I didn’t think there was a way to make khakis even dorkier.

2 Likes

Kinda nice not seeing trump’s face plastered all over the main page

We’re still not getting a modicum of justice. $3.25 million to settle the claims isn’t a drop in the bucket compared to what the company made on the backs of the tenants. Until punishments for companies exceed the profits they make engaging in illegal behavior the punishment is just another cost of doing business.

2 Likes

How about a septic tank collapse? Would that work?

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available