Kudlow: ‘Facts Were Contained’ | Talking Points Memo

Or in Kudlow speak: 'We need to burn the CDC, NIH and pandemic response unit at the NSC in order to save them".

Or the Rumsfeld like “You go to war with the public health system you have”.

5 Likes

Kudlow on March 6th: We should stay at work:

Kudlow sounds like he’s been hitting the bottle in this video.
5 Likes

Better step along Larry, reality is nipping at your butt.

5 Likes

“Look, I’m as good as the facts are. At the time I made that statement, the facts were contained,” Kudlow said. “The President has just put the travel restrictions on China, and a lot of people agreed with me. In fact, at the time, a lot of people thought that the flu was worse than this virus.”

Always one step behind reality.

11 Likes

Like most members of this administration, Kudlow cannot distinguish “Fact” from “Opinion”.

(or from outright propagandist lies, for that matter…)

6 Likes

the money shot every time

Detroit, looking to receive needed supplies reverts to changing the metropolitan identity to SuperAwesomeTrumptopia

Gov. Inslee, being a clever hominid but short on time, goes for the jugular and straight changes the state name from Washington to Trump

3 Likes

Their idea of facts is what they want to hear. They just listen to “people”… not experts. They don’t have the ability to readjust fluidly their base facts and recompute a new reality. It’s a frighteningly awful mindset, which I would usually ignore in most people and just avoid them, but these people are making decisions that affect us all.

4 Likes

“Look, I’m as good as the facts are. At the time I made that statement, the facts were contained,” Kudlow said.

Contained, detained, quarantined - maybe “containing” facts is the problem.

5 Likes

“Republican” facts were contained. Everyone else knew it was a shitshow.

11 Likes

“Look, I’m as good as the facts are. At the time I made that statement, the facts were contained,” Kudlow said. “The President has just put the travel restrictions on China, and a lot of people agreed with me. In fact, at the time, a lot of people thought that the flu was worse than this virus.”

how incompetent is Radditz?

Trump put the travel ban on China on Jan 31. Kudlow claimed the virus was contained on Feb 25.

Yet Radditz didn’t confront Kudlow with this flat out lie – apparently she can’t be bothered to learn the facts before interviewing these people, because the minute I heard Kudlow say that, I knew he was lying.

4 Likes

Ok.

Hi, I’m Larry Kudlow. I play a recovered drug addict on TV.

5 Likes

I’ve worked with language all my life and I can’t tell you what “The facts were—contained” is even supposed to mean. But it reminds me of the other day when Trump said yeah I said things were under control but I didn’t mean the virus was under control, I meant the things we were doing were under control. They say things that not only are bullshit but literally mean nothing—there’s no syntactic relation to the words at all. You can’t jumble words together this way and expect to create meaning in the listener’s mind. We passed Liar’s Fork Station long ago, we had a long stop in Bullshit Gulch, and now we’re moving ever further into the frontier, with the eventual destination of Fort Pure Absurdity.

24 Likes

It’s always all about them. The easy answer is “I was wrong then.“ Instead, they have to lie and deflect and say shit that makes them look good but puts people at risk. And yet they keep getting reelected… (I know Kudlow was not elected to anything, but then again he’s not as horrible as most of the GOP grifters that have been)

4 Likes

Same thing as Prince Albert in a can, i suppose. Packaged for easy consumption.

8 Likes

New York’s known unknown ventilators.
I mean they have them, they just don’t realize they have the ventilators or where they are.

4 Likes

From Larry Kudlow’s old employer.

10 Likes

Good lord I googled it and it is true.

Who thinks like that? Maybe if we do have 1,000,000 deaths the ratings will go through the roof.
Winning!

6 Likes

$17 bucks a day doesn’t even cover your doctor’s coffee habit. Kudlow is a rodeo clown.

6 Likes

In fact, at the time, a lot of people thought that the flu was worse than this virus.

Translation: Don’t blame me. I’m an economist for a Republican administration. Being wrong is part of the job description.

6 Likes

It’s going to be this maladministration’s version of Rumsfeld’s “unknown knowns” gibberish.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available