Kudlow: ‘Facts Were Contained’ | Talking Points Memo

Remember when 2008 McCain said that the “fundamentals of our economy are sound”…was found to be dead wrong and later insisted that the “fundamentals” were the actual workers.

Kudlow’s “facts” are contained in a dog-eared notebook, laced with the tears coming from his face after a berating from Trump.

10 Likes

This of course is absurd. The facts at the time was that this was an extremely contagious virus, and it was many times more deadly than the flu. Only in the Trump world were Kudlow’s stated suppositions “facts.” Alternative “facts” in this case killed and continue to kill.

19 Likes

The “facts were contained”? Excuse me. I’ve got way too much college education and I’ve written and published too many journal papers. Could anyone explain to this puny intellect exactly what the fuck he means by “facts were contained”? Is he stating that information was withheld from him? Is he implying that the Intellligence community did NOT inform Mango Mussolini of the danger imposed by this NOVEL coronavirus in December/January while Chinese were dying?

“Look, I’m as good as the facts are. At the time I made that statement, the facts were contained,” Kudlow said. “The President has just put the travel restrictions on China, and a lot of people agreed with me. In fact, at the time, a lot of people thought that the flu was worse than this virus.”

Kudlow then said that “as soon as the facts changed,” the Trump administration changed its “whole posture” and its “whole strategy.”

1. FACTS DO NOT CHANGE. CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGE.
  2. Kudlow, Trump, et al, are a bunch of willfull ignoramuses at best.
  3. “A lot of people” use the ruse of “a lot of people” a lot of the time. The truth is that everyone with a degree in public health and who studied epidemiology KNEW that this NOVEL coronavirus was blatantly and obviously dangerous. It’s just that “a lot of” fucking willful ignoramuses chose to whistle past the graveyard and go play their fucking golf while blathering lies and nonsense.

We are governed by a “fucking moron”; just ask Rex Tillerson. And the fucking moron is killing us with his maladministration and malfeasance.

40 Likes

Latest tweet from @realdonaldtrump

“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’

No, this isn’t a parody. This is real.

18 Likes

"At the time I made that statement, the facts were contained,” Kudlow said

No, Kudlop, at the time you were the stupidest motherfucker with a government job since dougie feith. You still are.

18 Likes

Nah, Mnuchin was on the TeeVee today saying he expects the $1200 to last people 2 and 1/2 months. Hello? Mr foreclosure expert, Mr wheeler dealer? You must know how much the average rent and mortgage is per month. This check is going to go toward keeping a roof over your head or food, but not both.

23 Likes

That’s why I shudder whenever somebody says that now.

3 Likes

When you have been swimming in a fact free world for as long as these guys have makes it very difficult to differentiate actual facts when they do come from the bullshit they have been consuming for decades.

12 Likes

Kudlow and his ilk must be forced to watch this:

https://youtu.be/4J0d59dd-qM

It’s about 15 min, and very sobering. If you’ve had anatomy and physio, you’ll know most of this. This is what happened with the 1918 flu victims.

4 Likes

Hi, I’m Larry Kudlow. I play an economist on TV. My entire career I’ve been paid to hawk stocks to naive investors. Now I hawk bogus claims to the American people. Am I ashamed of what I do? Of course not, it’s you rubes that have been left in the lurch without a paycheck.

20 Likes

So, this’ll be the strategy: we did the best we could in accord with what was known at the time and, if a bunch of others (New Yorkers) hadn’t fucked it up, things would never have gotten this bad.
Fortunately for the rest of us, their bullshit isn’t backed up by the government’s or the public record.

3 Likes

Did you ever notice that when people are lying they often begin to spout gibberish? “Facts were contained” does not actually mean anything. Facts aren’t the kind of things that can be contained or not.

21 Likes

Man, is he good (and quick) with the cover up lie to paint over the original.

1 Like

New euphemism for lying: Fact Containment.

21 Likes

Now that fact containment has become a thing, can we just say things like:

the 2016 election did not really happen to us
the Current Occupant’s wife is not a clueless w***e
Adam Schiff is a coward who hates a good legislative fight
the state of our Union is ‘just brilliant’
Nancy Pelosi is a hapless pol who doesn’t know anything about good governance?

Doesn’t that make it all better?

7 Likes

You have to consider that his medication regime is notoriously expensive when you consider what a heartless bastard he is. Talk about the definition of a non-essential worker, Kudlow should be a poster child for people who are not only not essential but are actively detrimental - but then that goes double for his boss.

4 Likes

He’s hoping they’ll starve quietly at home, like the rural Irish during the Potato Famine.

10 Likes

“The President has just put the travel restrictions on China, and a lot of people agreed with me. In fact, at the time, a lot of people thought that the flu was worse than this virus.”

You effing asshole. The dimwit in the Oval Office thought that and you, being the slimy, toady, cowardly minion that you are, agreed with him.

Worried are we? I hope you all fry.

20 Likes

I stand corrected! God, what an out-of-touch asshole! Just like the rest of them.

5 Likes

The pldsters will remember how Nixon’s press secretary Ron Ziegler got raked over the coals for saying he “misspoke” after telling an outright lie - and that has become standard euphemism for political lying ever since. So now we can add fact containment to the administration that brought us FAKE NEWS and alternate facts to brighten our end days.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available