Key Trump Ally Paves Way For Another Debate Just In Case Vance Faceplants

Originally published at: Key Trump Ally Paves Way For Another Debate Just In Case Vance Faceplants - TPM – Talking Points Memo

At least, that’s what it appears former Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway is doing in her attempts to goad ex-President Trump into participating in another debate against Vice President Kamala Harris before the election. Tonight’s debate between Trump running mate, Sen. JD Vance (R-OH) and Harris’ VP pick, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, will be, it seems,…

1 Like

He should do it so Harris can kick his ass again.

16 Likes

“I asked President Trump today, interviewed him for an hour, I said to him, ‘The guy I know, you, is not going to be able to sit down after a 90-minute VP debate and let that be the last word in presidential debates,’” Conway told Fox News Monday. “You’re going to say, ‘when’s our next one?’ And I hope he does that.”

“Why not get back in there?” she said.

Because he’s still healing the bruises to his ego and his a$$ from the last one they had.

Look. TIFBG figures he has the election in the bag because of all the cheating that’s about to happen on the GQP side, with voter suppression and chicanery in the certifications.

Why should he even bother?

6 Likes

You can bank on Trump proclaiming complete and total victory regardless of Vance’s performance.

10 Likes

Yes, I’d get popcorn in anticipation of that shellacking.

4 Likes

Not sure Conway gets the real picture: it is not that Trump would mind having “the last word” it’s that his entire message depends on deprecating Harris, comparing her unfavorably in the grossest terms, so any direct comparison with her now is virtually guaranteed to make him look bad even if she just opted to stand on the stage and smile at him.

8 Likes

GOP sowing chaos wherever they may be.

4 Likes

That will become a classic comment on this election cycle!

2 Likes

Is KAC still KAC, or is she KA Something else?

Hideous, heartless, woman. Fits in with every other trump enabler.

As Bill the Cat would say, Ack!

7 Likes

In other words, Kellyanne who?

She should be relegated to the dustbin of history, post-haste.

6 Likes

He’s not going to do another debate. He’s going to make a bunch of outrageous demands that no sane person would agree to then claim victory when Vice President Harris tells him to go piss up a rope.

4 Likes

I don’t know why Kellyanne is doing this - trump is already committed to getting in all 12 seasons of Murder She Wrote before election day.

giphy-3479281683

3 Likes

Conway is not exactly on the inside of the campaign at this point, so her advice is unlikely to be heeded.

Maybe Looney Loomer can convince him (if his campaign is still letting him see her tweets).

2 Likes

The right wing echo machine is already tweeting about Vance’s victory.

5 Likes

FORMER Trump adviser who may have been dumped wants Harris to emasculate Donnie again.
Revenge maybe?

2 Likes

Key Trump Ally Paves Way For Another Debate Just In Case Vance Faceplants

At least, that’s what it appears former Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway is doing in her attempts to goad ex-President Trump into participating in another debate against Vice President Kamala Harris before the election.

I don’t recall anyone on this board touting Kellyanne’s genius, but if she truly thinks it’s a good idea for TMF to go up against Kamala again, she is either delusional (likely), or working a double cross.

I would delight to see that stupid bumbling fatty go up against Harris again, especially right before the election so it’s fresh in voters minds.

Maybe Kellyanne and George are making up.

6 Likes

If it’s a draw with Vance and Walz, Trump won’t really feel the need to do anything. If Walz dominates Vance, or if Vance says something stupid that damages the campaign (pretty likely considering his history), then Trump might feel the need to do something about it. And, it might not be enough to go to rallies, he may feel the need to make a far more public appearance over it. Maybe a big time interview would be enough, though that comes with the risk of actual questions and pushback from a reporter.

Trump has a history of stepping in when he thinks things are going wrong, as if he is the only that can fix a mess (he usually makes it worse but probably doesn’t recognize that). If Vance truly whiffs it tonight, Trump just might think the only chance is another debate against Harris to try to take the Democratic ticket down. And remember, he really might think he won but the press coverage was unfair.

There is a real chance he turns up on CNN if Vance has a poor night, though otherwise I think we’ll just be watching a 90 minute interview with Harris.

4 Likes

I’d be quite happy with that.

4 Likes

If Vance “does a face plant” as expected, then explain to me, please why yet another debate would be a good idea for the Dumpsterfire.

2 Likes

More debates are pointless, but creating “Harris is afraid” memes might not be. So, suggesting a debate, but insisting it has to be on a Trump-friendly network with Trump setting all the rules, then calling Harris a chicken when she refuses, makes for good meme-posts to the minions

3 Likes