Kamala Harris Reportedly Picks Tim Walz As Her Running Mate

Originally published at: Kamala Harris Reportedly Picks Tim Walz As Her Running Mate

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. New Dem Ticket Hits The Road Vice President Kamala Harris has reportedly picked Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (D) to be her running mate, according to multiple news outlets. A formal announcement is expected soon. Walz,…

2 Likes

I’m good with Walz. Now, FORWARD.

102 Likes

To lift from the past: “Yes, We Can!”

63 Likes

Walz was a solid choice. I’m happy and energized - he can hold his own against anything TFG and his sidekick can lob his way. Let’s go.

113 Likes

Minnesota VPs…Humphrey, Mondale (my old law partner, by the way) and Walz.

I’m loving it if so!

91 Likes

I’m a little disappointed, thus, I will be forced to vote for the felon and his weird running mate. I realize this is not a rational reaction to my disappointment, but I am life-long democrat; “Disarray” is my heritage, and my birthright.

/s

122 Likes

Harris/Walz 2024! Let’s get this done.

59 Likes

For a brief moment, you had me. /s indeed

23 Likes

What a different country this might be if Humphrey had won.

38 Likes

143 Likes

I’m so pleased. And, that reveals that you, too, are a Democrat of long standing.

Have a great day!

Yes we KAM !

67 Likes

When future novelists or screenwriters need a real-life example of someone who has ‘sold his soul to the devil’, all they have to do is to study J.D. Vance.

73 Likes

I love the balance of this. West coast/middle America. He adds a charming folksiness, while still being a progressive.

79 Likes

Countdown to headlines saying that Harris decided to waltz with Walz.
I’m still content with that choice.

34 Likes

good pick. Puppy endorses.

94 Likes

Walz waltzes.

19 Likes

A pair of happy warriors versus a pair of soulless psychopaths. I like our team.

194 Likes

Best pick of the 3 ‘finalists.’ No one wants to deal with possibly losing a Senate seat in Arizona and Shapiro would have nuked all the energy we’re seeing from young voters.

41 Likes

I noted in Where Things Stand that Walz is the total opposite of vance. And he will help throughout the Midwest.
I only hope he isn’t too Minnesota nice.

39 Likes

When Election Day is not a holiday, it’s a device against the poor. Add in the long lines and underfunding and it is difficult to imagine that those most disaffected in our capitalist society have had their right to vote essentially removed from them. You can’t work 8 hours a day and wait another 4 hours in a line to visit a polling place that isn’t even open that long.

Democracy is a sop. It’s about keeping the poor from dragging the rich from their homes. Their ignorant class has forgotten.

20 Likes