Kamala Harris Punctures The Fox News Bubble In Her Own Way

And he’s supposed to be the best among them.

33 Likes

All of which marks him as a stunning success at failure.

26 Likes

Except he didn’t.
Carter turned 21—then the legal age for voting—in 1945.
FDR’s last presidential run was in 1944.

41 Likes

At least $50 billion in damages PER HURRICANE?? Well, a good thing the Little People are having to deal with all this, instead of decreasing quarterly profits, executive salaries, and stockholder value by a little by changing business strategies and reducing carbon emissions!

Yay, free market. You go, capitalism.

24 Likes

There’s nothing quite like being damned with faint praise.

26 Likes

David Kurtz: “Here she is rejecting the misleading clip Baer showed…” The clip was not “misleading” but downright deceptive. Baier claimed that the clip showed Trump answering the same question he’d just asked Harris, but it did not. It showed only a short portion of Trump’s answer (the final portion) and omitted the longer, damning part that confirmed the very point Harris had been making before Baier interrupted her by showing the clip. I noticed that the NYT’s coverage, as of late last night, did not catch this blatant, outrageous deception. I haven’t checked if the grey lady has since updated her reporting, but I’m not holding my breath.

59 Likes

Just look at how the Fox News woman’s town hall was staged and scripted. Moderated by right wing discount store Oprah. Filled with a bunch of preening junior Phyllis Schlafly’s swooning over their dear leader. Someone who couldn’t care less about them or their families well being. A convicted felon and adjudicated sexual predator who would obviously be not allowed near any of them in their workplace nor their children’s school.

42 Likes

Oh, selective editing is not lying! It’s … editing!

(I recently finished Emily Nussbaum’s great history of reality TV, “Cue the Sun!” There’s a whole section on “Frankenquotes,” which is just what it sounds like – out-of-context words and phrases stitched together and placed somewhere else for maximum emotional impact. Truth? Who expects truth from reality TV?)

19 Likes

100 Likes

Ah, okay. I assumed it was 18. Bummer.

11 Likes

News Chipmunk Neil Cavuto is their ultimate straight man though. They couldn’t have had him do the interview because she would’ve been feeding him popcorn by the end. He’s so darned cute!

IMG_0969

23 Likes

OK first WTH? Did anyone else have trouble getting in?

Secondly, how’s the pooch?

11 Likes

Unfortunately, he would have just missed – the voting age in 1944 was still 21. But almost!

ETA: I see @thunderclapnewman got there before me. There goes my Hollywood Dream.

EETA: Thanks, @grack ! I was wondering if any states had lowered the voting age before the 26th Amendment passed, but I thought, naw, why would they?

17 Likes

Febrile?

9 Likes

(post deleted by author)

You’d pass out.

15 Likes

Georgia had lowered its voting age from twenty-one to eighteen in 1943.[5]

44 Likes

And no “cone of shame”? Your kitten must have great sense and self control! I hope his health continues to improve.

19 Likes

And yet his supporters don’t seem to be abandoning him, choosing instead to remain proudly and obstinately ignorant. Or maybe some are being turned off but we won’t find that out until votes are cast (or not cast, as the case may be),

28 Likes

So the insurance company – which you’ve given money to for decades – gives you back a quarter million for your busted house. Money which you then give to companies who’ll tell you what they’ll give you for a quarter million dollars.

Yes, the Little People are in control  ; - )

6 Likes