Just Out There Running For Prez As A Straight Up Mob Boss

Morning Memo comes to you this week from Knoxville, Tennessee, where I’m checking in on my folks. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1484007
1 Like

The good news
Kyle Rittenhouse is chased off stage and heckled by BLM protesters during University of Memphis speech (msn.com)
Rittenhouse was barely able to get a word out after he took the stage on Wednesday before his voice was overwhelmed by protesters.

The speech was a stop on his tour for conservative group Turning Point USA, focusing on the Second Amendment, and ‘the lies of Black Lives Matter’.

108 Likes

Missed this one
Republicans Reject Motion to Impeach Joe Biden (newsweek.com)
House Republicans James Comer and Jim Jordan, who are leading an impeachment inquiry into Joe Biden, refused to second a motion made by Representative Jared Moskowitz, a Florida Democrat, to impeach the president.

Moskowitz tried to put the motion on the table for a vote on Wednesday in an effort to call GOP lawmakers’ bluff in what he called a “fake” probe.

Moskowitz, who sits on the Oversight Committee, addressed Comer at a committee hearing relating to the Biden impeachment probe.

“Let’s just do the impeachment,” he said. "Why continue to waste millions of dollars of the taxpayers’ money if we’re going to impeach because you believe you’ve shown he’s committed a high crime or misdemeanor. What are you waiting on?

“By the way, we’ve got Chairman Jordan here also. Why aren’t you guys calling for the vote in your committee? When is it gonna happen?”

Speaking to the American people, Moskowitz said: “They haven’t proven he committed a high crime and misdemeanor. Otherwise, we would call for impeachment.”

Moskowitz then welcomed Jordan to second a motion to impeach Biden.

"I just think we should do it today. Let’s just call for it," Moskowitz said. "I’ll make the motion, Mr. Chairman. I wanna help you out. You can second it, right? Like, make the motion to impeach President Biden, go ahead.

Moskowitz was met with silence from Jordan and Comer.

Moskowitz then said to the public: “They’re never gonna impeach Joe Biden. It’s never gonna happen because they don’t have the evidence. This is a show. It’s all fake.”

120 Likes

I usually loathe someone being shouted down
In this case I’ll allow it
f*cking murderer

74 Likes

The other thing I don’t see mentioned much is that by bringing folks like Manafort and Lewandowski back onto the campaign staff is that is he able to pay them using campaign funds to further buy their loyalty. Just another case of using other people’s money to his own benefit.

76 Likes

Didn’t see much of the Lev Parnas testimony in the news yesterday. Way down the page @ nbc, and ny times. CNN had better reporting.
Skiing and biking through CO w/ Mrs. Jstrummer …

69 Likes

Stoner!

26 Likes

Time is running out.

As has been said by others throughout all of this:

Tick Tock, M-f-'er…

26 Likes

It was covered pretty well in comments, but as it turned out, it needed its own post. It was a bad day at (Republican) dry gulch. Completely devoid of evidence.

28 Likes

What no cats?

45 Likes

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4536394-twitter-files-journalist-matt-taibbi-musk-disappointing-free-speech/

The Twit of the “Twitter Files” realizes too late that he sold his soul to the Devil.

30 Likes

OT Today is the fourth anniversary of the first admission of a case of COVID at my medical center in Boston :cry:

75 Likes

There are exceptions to most every rule. There is even an exception to the, “Nothing can travel faster than light” rule. (The catch is, things can travel faster than photons in a medium other than a vacuum. They also give off Cerenkov radiation when they do and lose energy, slowing down in the process.)

21 Likes

60 Likes

Is that a card-carrying member of the Face-eating Leopard Party?

23 Likes

"It’s not just Navarro. Trump has more than half a dozen co-defendants in the Georgia RICO case who he needs to stay in alignment with him."

I fail to see what Trump could do as President for people having Georgia state RICO felony convictions. He can’t pardon them. Maybe give them jobs? Pressure other people to give them jobs? I suppose he could somehow coerce the Georgia State Board of Pardons into doing something. Mostly I doubt Trump is coming to the rescue of anyone with a state felony conviction…

20 Likes

Speaking of old stumpy.

Donald Trump’s wealth is set to increase by more than $3bn (£2.35bn) if a shareholder vote on Friday paves the way for the float of his Trump Media business.

The former US president is preparing to list Trump Media & Technology Group, which operates the Truth Social tech platform, via a merger with a special purpose acquisition company, or Spac.

The Spac, called Digital World Acquisition, has scheduled a vote on the merger with Trump Media for Friday. However, there are complications around the planned vote after Digital World sued sponsor ARC Global Investments, which is trying to delay the deal, to back the merger.

If the merger goes ahead and Trump Media goes public as soon as next week, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee would not be able to cash in immediately, however. Trump would need a waiver to circumvent a provision that blocks major shareholders from selling stock for six months.

30 Likes

The GOP might get away with the “4 years ago” thing because nobody WANTS to remember sitting in their houses, wiping down produce, and watching the president talk about injecting bleach. “The United States of Amnesia,” as Gore Vidal once called us. It’s easier to “remember” 2019, when the president was simply tweeting crazy shit and he was benefiting from Obama straightening out the economy from the Bush years. (Not that anyone REALLY remembers 2019 – it’s just the before times.)

Mulligan knows what it’s like to sleep through the day:

47 Likes

Leader of WI leopard face eating party laments that his face was eaten by leopards :joy:

50 Likes

I’m beginning to really like Moskowitz. :heart::100::+1:

59 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available