Jury Finds Trump Liable For Sexual Abuse, Battery, Defamation In E. Jean Carroll Rape Case - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Oh course they will. “It may not be good for America (or American women for that matter) but it sure is good for CNN”. They’ll bring on the perp running for pResident again as if he’s done nothing wrong over the years.

Doesn’t matter what your media acronym is. Cable and network news are so fucked up these days. They have so little integrity.

18 Likes

Professional liar.

4 Likes

Wet blanket alert: I doubt any of the mainstream media will use that label for Trump.

Sexual abuse is a crime, and this was not a criminal trial that established as a fact that he did it. It’s what jurors thought was likely to have happened in a civil defamation trial. IANAL disclaimer, but I think Trump might have grounds for a countersuit if any media called him a sexual abuser when he hasn’t been convicted of that crime.

15 Likes

Since it was all just locker room talk, does this mean his locker door just slammed shut on his pee pee?

2 Likes

Well, I guess it’s better than nothing. I’d’ve liked to see the rape charge go through, but we can’t have everything.

I hope this doesn’t deter other victims from pressing charges in other cases.

9 Likes

I caught that, too.

In legal terms, what’s the difference between them?

Edited to add this quote from NYTimes:

The jury determined that Carroll had proven Mr. Trump sexually abused her, but they rejected the accusation that she had been raped. Sexual abuse is defined in New York as subjecting someone to sexual contact without their consent.

So is it less than an assault?

5 Likes

Not then, either. Carroll’s attorneys will have to put a lien on every piece of real estate he owns in NY, and wait for something to move.

14 Likes

Yes, yes, yes! It’s E. Jean Carroll Day!

7 Likes

The beginning of the end of Donald Trump.

Yeah ……………… no.

5 Likes

couldn’t get unanimous agreement on the 2nd allegation (?)
8 outta nine still is not unanimous…

1 Like

Yep, they basically had a confession with the Access Hollywood tape that he did this frequently to others. No such evidence for rape.

17 Likes

One interesting note. The MSNBC teams says one of the Jurors admitted to being a consumer of some right wing radio person. HOWEVER, the verdict was unanimous.

So…they even won over an asshole.

40 Likes

twice impeached, constantly investigated for criminality and corruption.

4 Likes

Apparently E. Jean said that she couldn’t see what he had penetrated her with…so…that gave the jury some pause on the rape accusation…???

ETA: If I were a man…I think that would be an insult…right???

25 Likes

Will Trump appeal?

1 Like

False. This does not convict him of anything. And the only legal consequence is the award of damages.

14 Likes

I doubt he has 2 million.

11 Likes

Of course we’ll all have differing opinions here and I’m not saying I’m right. But let’s hope history records this as his first of many guilty verdicts.

8 Likes

More or less this is a referendum of the country, the culture, the standards, the media, the values.

8 Likes

Most likely because so much time has passed and it’s not provable beyond a reasonable doubt. Also he has a tiny mushroom dick, and Carroll wasn’t sure if he ejaculated.

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available