Jury Finds Trump Liable For Sexual Abuse, Battery, Defamation In E. Jean Carroll Rape Case - TPM – Talking Points Memo

A jury found former President Donald Trump liable for sexual abuse, battery and defamation of former magazine columnist E. Jean Carroll Tuesday, awarding her a total of $5 million in damages.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1457106

So CNN will have a town hall with a sexual abuser then?

They still gonna go through with that?

125 Likes

fIRSt

58 Likes

Not rape, but it’s a start.

34 Likes

Of course CNN will, you know what a Peyton Place US media culture is, and that’s on us as a whole because apparently, that’s what the audience wants.

22 Likes

CNN commenter just called this a win for Trump, so yeah they are surely all in.

20 Likes

Judge tells jurors that each of them has the ability to talk about their experiences — and publicly identify themselves, if they do so.

But he advises them not to: "Not now, and not for a long time."

The judge DIRECTS them not to identify other jurors.

— Adam Klasfeld (@KlasfeldReports) May 9, 2023
79 Likes

WTF?!? How?

2 Likes

Trumps '24 campaign tag line

67 Likes

You have to ask?

1 Like

Of course, and pretty low chances that this even comes up.

4 Likes

Good.

EDIT: “It rejected her rape claim.”

Not so good.

13 Likes

Because it was only sexual abuse and not rape.

7 Likes

Damn, that was fast. Three hours to come to decision.

I wonder why jury was willing to agree on sexual assault but not rape.

23 Likes

I was just about to comment that for this depraved society, there is enough of a gap between “rape” (which they believe a woman deserves while lying about it) and “sexual assault” so as to consider the latter not a big deal at all.

If CNN indeed called this a “win”, expect others to run with it.

28 Likes

I hear that they let you do that when you are a celebrity . . . even a third or fourth-rate one.

17 Likes

“The ex-President, two bit Queens con man, 2ce impeached, election losing, insurrection inciting, fucking l-o-s-e-r” needs to vent because…we’re all reality tv zombies.

27 Likes

My hope is CNN will cancel and the MSM will not say that was when Donnie was cute and had the most
wonderful parties with young girls.

8 Likes

Trump will probably call in his own jurors and invalidate the verdicts.

37 Likes

Watch Trump poll numbers increase.

This is Street cred w/ Incels

18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available