Jury Deliberations Resume In First Criminal Trial Of Former President - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Follow along with us below.

More Less

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1491185

Gone, but this clown will never be forgotten

85 Likes

Two lunatic’s meet
Bannon And Alex Jones: FBI Wanted Trump To ‘Bleed Out’ At Mar-A-Lago Raid | Crooks and Liars

24 Likes

64 Likes

Amazing
Kentucky Families Hit Again By A Tornado In Same Location (msn.com)
Devin Johnson’s life was uprooted for a second time when a tornado flattened his home over the Memorial Day weekend — on the same lot in Kentucky where another storm left him homeless in 2021.

Johnson, 21, watched Tuesday as workers used chain saws to cut into the wreckage of the trailer he called home with his grandparents and girlfriend. It was an all-too-familiar scene for his family.

Their previous home in the tiny western Kentucky community of Barnsley was destroyed during another terrifying tornado outbreak in December 2021 that killed 81 people in the Bluegrass State.

“We never thought that it would happen again,” Johnson said.

30 Likes

I still do not understand how Jones is not relegated to deciding what underpass to sleep under each night.

39 Likes

Justice. fq4spwi8cx861

35 Likes

The “we don’t care” part is something that gets missed a lot. Too much discussion out there acts as if this is still a functional environment.

It is like an HR department that will sit and listen to the legitimate woes and complaints of an employee, but will always act on the company’s behalf and not the employee’s. They do not care.

47 Likes

Justice Alito
I thought those burning crosses on your front lawn met you were cold and needed heat :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

21 Likes

One by one
(https://www.cbs19.tv/article/news/local/sentencing-for-east-texas-man-convicted-of-carrying-tomahawk-inside-capitol-on-jan-6-postponed/501-4b6012e8-d1e8-45e1-9bad-fe1790e702d6)

East Texas man convicted of carrying tomahawk inside Capitol on Jan. 6 gets 2 years in federal prison

45 Likes

The 1st Amendment guarantees your right of free speech. It doesn’t proscribe negative consequences for exercising it.

21 Likes

A 21-year-old man who came back from bare dirt in three years to provide a home for his grandparents and a girlfriend deserves some credit. Whatever the circumstances were, I doubt he was putting his money up his nose. I hope KY lets FEMA help him out.

49 Likes

In the event trump is found guilty is there cause to remand him directly to custody? Given his complete lack of remorse, the continual denigration of the justice system and everyone involved in the trial, and the near certain incitement of the maga crowd to do something, it would seem like quite a risk to many people to let him roam free until sentencing.

7 Likes

The jury’s focus is reassuring. Their requests make sense. Am I wrong to think they are rising to the occasion? I’m hopeful.

34 Likes

A woman immigrant from Kenya ten years ago named Lilian Seenoi-Barr will become the first Black mayor in Northern Ireland for the city of Londonderry. Alex Jones has cited her as an example of African refugees invading Ireland. He just can’t keep his racist filth to America.

36 Likes

I would expect no problem from Kentucky’s Democratic administration to FEMA assistance.

11 Likes
David Pecker’s testimony regarding a phone conversation with Donald Trump while Pecker was in the investor meeting.
David Pecker’s testimony regarding the decision not to sell Karen McDougal’s life rights.
David Pecker’s testimony regarding the Trump Tower meeting.
Michael Cohen’s testimony regarding the Trump Tower meeting.

The jury is looking at the evidence. Always a bad sign (for Donald) in trials involving Donald Trump.

The only trials where Trump seems ahead are the trials where they do not look at evidence (glance towards Aileen Cannon).

48 Likes

For 20 years, I couldn’t say what I watched the former president do on the set of the show that changed everything. Now I can.

38 Likes

No, you’re not wrong. I thought the same thing, too. Therefore, you can’t be wrong. (/s) I’m also very hopeful.

16 Likes

In other words, like every HR department that has ever existed.

HR departments exist to keep companies out of employee-related lawsuits, and if the company gets into one to provide the C-suite denizens with a figleaf. HR is never your friend–if HR is acting on your behalf, it’s because your interests and the company’s happen to coincide.

33 Likes