Jury Deliberations Resume In First Criminal Trial Of Former President - TPM – Talking Points Memo

44 Likes

Well, this is certainly good news for Trump. It’ll raise his approval ratings among black voters by 5 points at least. And probably 10 points in the general electorate. Now only if he’d rape a small boy and shoot a dog, he’d be a lock.

21 Likes

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—Calling the situation a “rigged disgrace,” Donald J. Trump said on Thursday it is “totally unfair” that he is not on the jury of his trial.

“You have these twelve losers in a room, trying to figure out what the hell was going on,” he told reporters. “Meanwhile, I was there the whole time and know everything, but I’m not allowed to be a juror? This is like some kind of banana republic.”

“I saw the movie ‘Twelve Angry Men,’” Trump continued. “I should be one of those angry men. I would be the angriest man, by far.”

Blasting Judge Juan Merchan, Trump said, “Look at him. Look at where he’s from. I’m not going to name the place, but he’s from a very bad place. That’s why he won’t let me be a juror. I’d be a juror if Aileen Cannon was the judge.”

55 Likes

Plus ca change, plus c’est la meme chose, ne c’est pas?

ETA: /snark, just for clarity’s sake.

6 Likes

Just saw a piece in Raw Story about an artist capturing the Trump trial and her reaction to the various participants. Since she isn’t working for a publication, she is free to state her opinions. Very interesting.

5 Likes

In a small town SW of St. Louis County one night storms/tornado wrecked a bar. The next night another storm/tornado damaged the High School next to the bar. I’m going to guess that the bar was there before the HS.

5 Likes

These folks really don’t care. They want to vote for a criminal, because “it’s all bullshit”.

For Josh Ellis, a refrigerator technician from southern Wisconsin, Donald Trump’s trial in New York is a sideshow. He’s not convinced of the prosecution’s narrative, or the former president’s – and the verdict will not likely affect his vote in November, anyway.

“Biden’s running this country into the ground,” said Ellis, who said the economy is his main concern. At 49, Ellis has long viewed politicians as out-of-touch on economic issues; he used to vote for Democrats, but switched in 2016 to vote for Trump, who he saw as possibly offering a change.

Moral inversion.

37 Likes

The usually prompt Merchan is late.

5 Likes

Justice Alito:

Those burning crosses are because my wife is hot for Jesus…

21 Likes

For some reason, a factoid I remember from school concerned people living along the Mississippi River who move back after getting flooded out. Same reasoning.

I guess we’re all like that to some degree.

5 Likes

Untreatable syphilis.

13 Likes

His support group not as large this morning.

It’s 9:34 a.m., and Trump is back at the defense table, a much smaller entourage behind him. I see Eric Trump, and Alina Habba as well I believe, as well as real estate investor Steve Witkoff, per Trump’s campaign.

7 Likes

We begin

All rise" and Justice Merchan enters.

The parties introduce themselves.

“Good morning, Mr. Trump,” Justice Merchan says.

9 Likes

He hasn’t done Ghandi yet!

22 Likes

26 Likes

Tyler McBrien

All rise, and Merchan is back, he says that he reviewed the disputed areas of the testimony readback, and he takes an all of the above approach: he’ll allow all of the disputed sections in.

16 Likes

Cumulative effects of refrigerant inhalation.

9 Likes

Looks like the jury may be going in chronological order.

Starting with a Pecker and leading into an Asshole.

9 Likes

Okie dokie

JUSTICE MERCHAN: We received another note. He reads it. The note describes what the jury wants to hear from jury instructions.

Justice Merchan says he interprets the note as the jurors wanting to hear page 7-35 of the jury instructions.

17 Likes

It’s a low level felony, a non-violent crime, and he’s a first time offender. He may get probation with no jail time. If he does get jail time, it could be a short term like several months. If it’s that short, he’ll probably go free while the case is appealed, since the appeal would take longer than the sentence.

12 Likes