Judge Smacks Down DOJ Role In Defending Trump From Rape Claim | Talking Points Memo

Don’t be too sure. Barrett once reversed a multi-million dollar settlement, in a case in which a prison guard repeatedly raped an inmate, because rape is outside the [scope of his employment]. Trump’s alleged rape is also outside of the scope of his government employment.

9 Likes

I’d rather not refer to the creature at all, and if it were in my power I’d send her back to the black lagoon from whence she emerged.

Maybe I can call her The Justice Who Should Not Have Been Named? Or, The Trumpanzee’s Revenge is possible and pithier. (I hope to live long enough to pith on both their graves.)

6 Likes

"by authorizing lawsuits that could involve review of the president’s job performance,”

6-3. There’s nothing the GOP would like more than people suing a Dem POTUS into oblivion.

5 Likes

You’re thinking like a businessman, not a conman. His marks are the base, not the banks.

The day that he is out of office, he will file the papers to run for the 2024 election, and he will once again be collecting hundreds of millions of dollars in “campaign” cash to pay all the essential lawyers and to keep his properties afloat. Eventually, of course, the whole sham will collapse and the remaining assets will all have to be sold. But that is, in the main, the next generation’s problem.

15 Likes

No one is extending him credit as a financial matter. What Trump can do for them in other ways is another story. Look at the taxes and penalties owed y Deutsch Bank. Even then it wasn’t the bank that loaned him money, it was a branch dealing with high net worth individuals.

4 Likes

The problem is that, even if one assumes the truth of virtually your entire comment, there’s no way to actually know that Sanders would have beaten Trump in 2016.

So while I have a certain sympathy for your point of view, and while I’m not exactly the DNC’s biggest fan, still I’d refrain from using words like “fact” and “truth” – not because you’re wrong, necessarily, but because proving these things is difficult – and, frankly, I don’t see the need right now.

ETA: The same point about unprovability also goes for all those bold assertions that Sanders or anyone else must have cost Clinton the election.

7 Likes

I call her Judge Amy.

2 Likes

But they have already ruled on various state elections in the last few months. So they are NOT staying out of it.

6 Likes

As in “Judge Judy”?

1 Like

That conflicts with Judge Amy Berman Jackson, who is the one who put Manafort away for 7 years, and presided over the Stone conviction.

13 Likes

And dotting all the i’s and crossing the t’s so that an overturning court will have to make its partisanship clear.

4 Likes

Cue the RW outrage about ‘activist judges’, Left wing bias, whatever, whatever, victimization.

4 Likes

I wish the judge could slap Barr. Maybe they all will find a way to do just that.

Meanwhile, here’s a little Trump poetry for you, courtesy of a poster at Political Wire.

18 Likes

These types of animals are able to carry nuts in their jowls for a long period of time.
The animal on the right only stores the nuts of someone “special.”Barr Nuts  copy

9 Likes

I find the lack of sightings suspicious.

5 Likes

What a steaming pantload.

4 Likes

Well…Debbie Wasserman Schultz and the voters. You do realize that Bernie had a greater percentage of delegates than he had votes. No one rigged anything against anyone. Bernie was the anti-Hillary and he didn’t get nearly enough votes.

Look at this year. Bernie’s floor was 30%. Unfortunately his ceiling was also 30%.

The DNC didn’t subvert or rig anything. If you want to blame someone, blame the media and James Comey.

16 Likes

That’s Amy Covid Bigot to you, Bub.

10 Likes

Bill Barr’s justice department defending Trump.

Hedley Lamarr: Qualifications?
Applicant: Rape, murder, arson, and rape.
Hedley Lamarr: You said rape twice.
Applicant: I like rape.

7 Likes

Fuck Roberts. Anyone who thinks he might “join” the liberals can go to hell. His court is ruined, it will go down as a joke in legal history, and let him just be honest and vote with the rest of Neaderthals.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available