Judge Chutkan Has Trump's Jan. 6 Case Back And Is Ready To Roll

Originally published at: Judge Chutkan Has Trump’s Jan. 6 Case Back And Is Ready To Roll

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version. What SCOTUS Hath Wrought After its ponderous sojourn at the Supreme Court, the Jan. 6 case against Donald Trump was officially returned Friday to U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan in Washington, D.C., and she immediately…

3 Likes

160 Likes

YESs

65 Likes

110 Likes
120 Likes

My wife is a retired bankruptcy paralegal. Told that Rudy’s case was dismissed, she asked–how does a lawyer let that happen.

I am pulling for the two election workers to get his real estate, but my guess is some bank has some damn perfected lien that will take precedence.

53 Likes

“Promoting a new book, Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch was asked on Fox News about President Biden’s proposal to reform the high court: “I just say: Be careful,” he warned.”

Sounds like a threat to EVERYONE if they interfere with SCOTUS. Reform is now mandatory, Mr. Gorsuch.

111 Likes

First post REQUIRES cat pics.

59 Likes

Elon Musk’s X Is Spreading Deepfakes of Kamala Harris – Mother Jones
For the second time in less than two weeks, a doctored video of Vice President Kamala Harris has spread widely on Elon Musk’s social media platform X.

A video known as a “deepfake” that was posted on X on Saturday appears to show Harris repeating herself over and over again, using a crude audio rendering made to seem like Harris is struggling to finish a complete sentence. The altered video uses footage from an appearance by Harris and President Joe Biden following Friday’s historic prisoner swap that freed Wall Street Journal reporter Evan Gershkovich and others. The video is obviously manipulated and easily debunked by viewing the unaltered footage (you can watch that here at about the 1:30 mark), which shows Harris speaking smoothly, without repeating the same words and phrases as portrayed in the doctored video.
The video, whose origin is unclear, was posted by Trump himself on Truth Social on Saturday, accompanied by a rant in which he calls Harris “DUMB!” and “extremely Low IQ.” The video was soon re-shared on X by an account that posts content verbatim from Trump’s feed on Truth Social. That account on X has more than 800,000 followers, and, as of late Sunday, the post containing the Harris deepfake had drawn more than 620,000 views.

71 Likes

Somehow this seems of a piece with Snoop Dog as NBC commentator during Olympic dressage but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

32 Likes

Something to watch over the next few months.

40 Likes

Former Naval College professor Tom Nichols tweeted, “Or what?”

87 Likes

Think of the hygiene!

Don’t do this in Tucson in 100°F+ heat. The old dumpster smells mighty powerful.

30 Likes

The Robert Kennedy Jr. story is the dumbest story in years. Rosanne Barr? Wow. Just wow.

60 Likes

Okay, the RFK Jr. bear story is just too strange. Listened to half of the video.

Apparently, he went up to the mountains to do some gaming and hawking when the car in front of him struck and killed a young bear. He put the dead bear in his car with the intention of skinning it and putting the meat in his freezer. But it was a long day. He went back to the city for a dinner and then had to go to the airport so he dumped it off at the park because he couldn’t leave it in his car.

34 Likes

Amos 5:24 “But let justice roll down like water and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.”

20 Likes

I was just thinking this morning… maybe we need a Constitutional Amendment:

If one or more worms have eaten any portion of your brain, you can’t run for President.

71 Likes

…riiiiight…

51 Likes

This timeline just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Here’s hoping we can reset in November.

27 Likes

RFK Jr. The joke that keeps on giving.

26 Likes