Judge Allows Heavily Redacted Release Of Mar-a-Lago Affidavit - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Precisely the vibe I’m getting. This is an attempt to show the public how incredibly serious these accusations are and why it was so important to obtain and serve the search warrant. He’s gonna wind up deeply regretting demanding this release.

55 Likes

He wants to see what the redactions look like prior to doing anything.

41 Likes

And… Already got my copy! Now just a little bit of parsing the delicious hints!

redaction

53 Likes

Next year when I turn 75 I will begin writing my autohagiography and I will plagerize @emiliano4 's style without remorse or credit.

20 Likes

Beat me to it!

2 Likes

Better explanation from Zoe Tillman.

19 Likes

Yes. Another hamhanded TPM headline.

30 Likes

Trump wants it so he can find the rat and silence them.

He may not want it public, but if that’s the only way he can get his hands on it, someone’s gonna jump off the 15th floor of some building soon after.

23 Likes

6 Likes

Yep. They wanted to see the warrant and then wished they hadn’t.

They keep catching cars and then getting run over.

You’d think they’d learn but they are GQP, so learning is apparently a complex task that they are not skilled at.

23 Likes

Stupid ruling.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be TPM without a misleading headline and lots of prominent photos of TFG and other GQP.

8 Likes

Well, of course protecting sensitive information means nothing to the former guy (the LOSER). Look how he treated Top Secret, CNWI, and SCI. He just wants names released, so he can demonize them and have his brainwashed minions threaten their lives, their families, and their pets.

12 Likes

The t rumppster’s goal is absolute impunity for everything their dear leader does. In their eyes, he absolutely is above the law.

9 Likes

That must be from Mother Jones. Dean is always on point.

4 Likes

No it doesn’t. It simply makes it “release the full affidavit, what are they hiding?”

3 Likes

I think the outsourced TPM headline algorithm still has a lot to machine learn.

4 Likes

About time Stephen got his due!
VirEtc

8 Likes

And that’s just the press!

Seriously, though, today’s GOP will never be satisfied – by definition – with any amount of evidence.

DOJ could release surveillance footage of Trump engaged in cannibalism, infanticide, and congress with goats – and they’d still demand more evidence!

(Along with their enablers at Fox, OAN, the WSJ, and the rest.)

47 Likes

Maybe Trump shouldn’t have encouraged his allies to threaten the judge, his family and congregation.

Seriously I can’t wait to see what isn’t redacted, but it sounds like the judge wants the world to know that Donald had been a bad, bad boy.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available