Jordan Officially On House Intel | Talking Points Memo

It’s happening: House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) has temporarily assigned Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) to the House Intelligence Committee as the impeachment inquiry enters its public phase.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1261203
1 Like

“Jim Jordan“ and “intelligence” in the same sentence!

36 Likes

Isn’t there some minimum intelligence level required for the Intelligence Committee?

Of course, it may well be that Gym’s time will be taken up with what happened at dear old OSU so many years ago.

When Gym walks into the committee room, Dems should break into cries of “Send him to the showers!”

32 Likes

Although he would tell me in later conversations that he holds no grudges against anyone, today Boehner unloads on his fellow Ohioan. “Jordan was a terrorist as a legislator going back to his days in the Ohio House and Senate,” Boehner says. “A terrorist. A legislative terrorist.”

41 Likes

Yeah, Kev, that’s sure to work. You betcha.

16 Likes

I’d think strong-arm breaking into a SCIF would be enough to keep someone off the Intelligence Committee.

29 Likes

Bad move for many reasons, not the least of which is that Jim “Gym” Jordan has a propensity to “look the other way.”

16 Likes

Was Matt Gaetz no longer available to muck things up with so much aplomb and panache?

And does the Intel Committee have a dress code? Cuz Gym ain’t up to that.

18 Likes

It’s time for Gym Jordan to permanently be REMOVED from office - vote him out!

11 Likes

Go Jim now the whole world will see what and asshole you are,your appearance will also put a face on those allegations you are being charged with hiding.

11 Likes

New Guy Has to make the coffee, sits in a lawn chair, and preface all remarks with “I’m a flaming, lying asshole, and I wish to speak!”

7 Likes

Thus lowering the IQ of the Intelligence Committee significantly.

14 Likes

Well, since the preponderance of questioning is going to be done by committee staff lawyers, he’s going to have only limited amounts of time to wreak his special kind of havoc. So there’s that.

30 Likes

Treat Gym Jordan like the child that he is and things will be fine.

13 Likes

I thought speaker Pelosi had some say in this matter,at least it was mentioned the other day.

2 Likes

Jordan is a total idiot, the best they should hope from his is that he disrupts the proceedings by farting and making other gross things

2 Likes

She has a pro forma role and she’s particularly adept at choosing her battles. This was a baby shit annoyance.

28 Likes

Truly another oxymoron.

11 Likes

" But elections have consequences, and House rules give the Speaker the power to ban any member from a select committee like the House Intelligence Committee, as Fox News reporter Chad Pergram noted on Tuesday."

7 Likes

For Gymmie boy to say that would be a redundancy.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available