Jan. 6 Prisoners Recorded A Podcast From Jail With A Camera Someone ‘Accidentally’ Gave Them

Originally published at: Jan. 6 Prisoners Recorded A Podcast From Jail With A Camera Someone ‘Accidentally’ Gave Them

Some of the people who were convicted for their actions during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol have insisted the unit where they were held before sentencing in the Washington D.C. jail is an abusive “gulag.” It’s also ground zero for a burgeoning media empire that appears to violate jail policy and features…

3 Likes

Well this is just ducky.

25 Likes

Excellent article. Thanks

29 Likes

This is why throughout history if you attack the capitol or crown and fail, you get executed. So this kind of shit can’t happen.

41 Likes

I guess treason is no longer just “a matter of dates.” It’s Not Treason If You’re A Republican.

41 Likes

Minimally, they shouldn’t get credit for time served.

31 Likes

How did they get the podcasts out of the jail? Do the inmates have internet access? Did they sneak them out on a flash drive? Did somebody else do the post production work? Who? One of the lawyers?

33 Likes

Most cops and COs are racists and proud. They are quite sure that genetics are involved, and they’ve done their research.

10 Likes

“If there is anyone who can understand this struggle, it is our Black brothers and sisters around the country,” the podcast narrator declares. “The same system that has been taking out your leaders and oppressing your people is doing the same thing to Donald Trump.”

BREAKING: “We’re Just As Oppressed as Black People!” Claim Confederate-Flag-Waving Rioters Who Tried to Violently Overthrow Government and Install Pink Racist Warlord with 88 Criminal Indictments and 34 Convictions So Far.

(Film at eleven.)

82 Likes

Judge: “How contrite is your client?”

Lawyer: “Thus far, he has only released two the podcasts he secretly taped, in which he exhorts his audience to take up arms against the legally-constituted government that vested you with power to sentence him for the violent assault on our nation’s capitol.”

Judge: “On a scale of 1 to 10?”

Lawyer: “Definitely an 8. Or at least a 7.”

45 Likes

Hazarding a guess, unless they have general Internet access or access for specific purposes and went beyond the permitted use, then most likely either they found an unsecured WiFi network or someone gave them the WiFi password.

16 Likes

I’m not saying anything you all don’t already know, but this is who we are now. We have the reality that everyone one of us live in, including the deluded MAGA cult members…and then we have this Goebbels-esque propaganda machine, coupled with a perpetual, false-victim in Trump stoking this delusion that has created this ridiculous alternate universe…all due to purpose. These MAGA cultists want, crave and pine for purpose. That they are in the know, the enlightened–and we are, all of you and me, the sheep.

They have done the triple lindy (Back to School reference) head first into the bullshit pool, and have no intention of coming out and joining the rest of us in reality. Not as long as the perfected vision of Goebbels, Fox News, and demagogues like Trump provide them this warm blanket of idiotic purpose, this bilge sense of relevancy.

This last, almost-decade has exposed a massive crisis of the most basic intellect and any semblance of self-awareness. In short, this is going to get a lot worse before it has any hope of getting better. My fear is that we’ve crossed the Rubicon…we’re circling the bowl.

21 Likes

Would wager they are trying to get their names to TCF, in hopes of a rapid pardon upon his stealing the election.

4 Likes

Are the inmates running this prison?
This demands a severe Law n’ Order response.
These white boys are breaking the Law and sowing further Disorder.

16 Likes

They look a little too damned happy in my humble opinion. Awfully pleased with themselves.

9 Likes

“The housing of inmates at the D.C. jail is the responsibility of the D.C. Department of Corrections. I would recommend reaching out to them for response of the specifics of your question,” Ball said in an email.

:joy:

16 Likes

I personally don’t care if they are held in a cave. They ATTACKED the Capitol of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! They weren’t protesters or tourists. They are criminals. They had trials. Law and order. Period.

27 Likes

And I quote,

:rofl:

20 Likes

Bureau of Prison (BOP) officers are one of the most Trump-friendly law enforcement groups.

19 Likes

The bottom line is that the Rule of Law as we know it is slipping away.

13 Likes