Jan. 6 Panel Says They’re Already Getting Docs Trump Tried To Hide | Talking Points Memo

Good Morning @jacksonhts! I’ve missed you.

I also see that you’re all full of sweetness and warmth this morning!

11 Likes

From an article at the time the rule was created.

Lawmakers will be fined $500 on a first offense and $2,500 for a second offense, and fines will be deducted from their pay, according to the aide. Fines cannot be paid with members’ campaign funds or their expense accounts.

7 Likes

I have steadfastly refused to give business to anyone that includes politics in their business model. No Chik-Fil-A for me, no Hobby Lobby, as examples.

We have a small business here up off the interstate - it’s a car repair service. Lately, someone in the business (assuming it’s the owner) has been putting anti-Biden messages on his lightboard that is visible from the interstate. Beyond the juvenile ‘Let’s Go, Brandon’, he’s also included messages as to the treason that Biden and Harris have committed - or at least what he thinks is treason.

We’re a mixed bag, politically, on the border with Minnesota, which is only a couple of miles away from his business. But I have to wonder how much business he’s lost and how much he’s gained by being so obvious as to his politics.

17 Likes

I would wager they are all in jeopardy now.

13 Likes

So…with his usual penchant for massive over-exaggeration, figure they’re worth around $2.98 now.

That may actually be generous.

7 Likes

Short, Sweet and to the Point.

WHAT ARE THEY FOR?

5 Likes

All Sinema cares about is her own (deluded) self importance, so it should probably read that she shouted out “I!” not “aye”…

8 Likes

OK, I hope the Jan 6 Committee now has enough hard copy evidence to send to the DoJ a request to get the MFFG INDICTED!!!

4 Likes

Good when Trump is destroyed the GOP will loose a lot of voters.

6 Likes

I was absolutely full of sweetness and warmth, happily drinking two cups of Cafe Don Pello, when three hours of baby sitting of two toddlers was foisted upon me with absolutely zero advance notice.

To put it in perspective, it is almost like being told, in very autocratic tone, that you may not walk on the sidewalk of your own street by some snot nosed film school graduate wearing a plastic ID badge, just way earlier in the day. In terms of murdering any joie de vivre and/or sweetness and warmth one might have happened to have been harboring at that particular time… :sunglasses:

21 Likes

The downside of electoral autocracy. Where can Trump go when he flees the US?

6 Likes

MTG won’t get the money back if Earth gets hit with an asteroid. You need to be more optimistic Steevie.

9 Likes

She’d probably be having lunch with Bruce Willis when it impacted, and somehow he’d save her.

4 Likes

When Speaker Pelosi instituted the fines, I wished they would have included a 10X escalator for each successive violation. Not a one of those performative clowns could survive racking up literally millions in fines.

6 Likes

Yes… but there will be no pretenses now …

2 Likes

Oh, they’ll lose Trump all right, but keep the blatant voter suppression and rigging of the counting he helped launch. Useful idiot has served his purpose.

12 Likes

He will move in with Putin. Just imagine how Moscow with degrade then because of ETTD.

8 Likes

I suspect Putin would have him extradited right back here because he’s of no use to him anymore.

8 Likes

I like the “your or you’re” Jeopardy category.
My rule of thumb is:
Your: If you know your shit, you are a Democrat.
You’re: If you know you’re shit, you are a Republican.

26 Likes

As the Virginia election showed, the way for the GOP to win is Trumpism without Trump.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available