Jan. 6 Panel Says They’re Already Getting Docs Trump Tried To Hide | Talking Points Memo

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things.

A couple of hours after the Supreme Court shot down Trump’s attempt to bar the release of documents from the National Archives to the House Jan. 6 Select Committee on Wednesday night, the panel applauded the high court’s ruling and announced that it had already started to receive the records.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1402056
1 Like

Heh

47 Likes

perhaps your fellow senators will refrain from attacking your character, manch, but I won’t. You’re a smug, self absorbed spotlight seeking advocate for wealth and privilege and feeding your boundless ego is more important to you than sustaining the democracy we were gifted by true patriots who fought and died to protect it.

Please slink off and assume your position in the halls of infamy.

41 Likes

Boris Manchin having his fee fees hurt. Awwwww. too bad…

12 Likes

Sinema And Manchin Doom Voting Rights Legislation

According to the Heather Cox Richardson letter this am:

After the vote, Republicans lined up on the Senate floor to shake Sinema’s hand, and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) assured reporters that concerns about Black voting were misplaced because: “African American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as Americans.”

She has revealed herself for who she is in perpetuity. If there was any doubt, she erased it yesterday.

The Dem majority in the Senate is in name only and she has already crossed over to the dark side. At this point, her obit in 30 years will read “DINO Senator that Torpedoed Voting Rights”. She won’t run for President - she will have no support.

37 Likes

Has anybody told Sinema that there is no “Aye” in team?

32 Likes

Missouri state. Rep. Brian Seitz ® keeps calling COVID-19 “the China virus,” but he’s definitely not racist-and he can prove it: “For the record, I love dumplings, I love black-eyed peas and I love cornbread,” he announced during a session.

Well. By that definition, pretty much no one in the South and lower Mississippi Valley is a racist.

ETA: I see he didn’t list okra or greens, though. Suspicious . . .

28 Likes

Are we sure it wasn’t “Aye, mateys!” If she really wants to get attention, she should appear with eye patch, a tricorn hat, and a parrot on her shoulder.

• Afterward, Manchin appeared angrier , stating on his way out of the Capitol that there had not been enough “discussion” of the voting rights bill.

How about, oh I don’t know, unlimited debate?

30 Likes

But there is in Sinema, so that’s all that matters.

6 Likes

Manchin had the opportunity multiple times to make his point and state his position over the last six months.

That those points and positions changed daily is on him, not on the process.

41 Likes

Yesterday was a very bad day that had to be and today can be a good day if we renew our resolve to win the battle to save and restore our democracy, voting rights for all and a far fairer and more equitable society.

36 Likes

Manchin … ? … if he were to drop dead at noon today … list some noble things he accomplished… identify reasons that anybody should say it was a great loss. Moments of great courage? Oh there would be generic hamburger-helper platitudes an hollw praise… but … no significant contributions to identity.

6 Likes

We are at the point in the process where Tricky Dick knew the jig was up, and cashed out. Methinks DFG is not bright enough to see that he is a cornered rat bastard with no hope of escape.

Expect something monumentally stupid and futile.

16 Likes

Missouri state. Rep. Brian Seitz ® keeps calling COVID-19 “the China virus,” but he’s definitely not racist-and he can prove it: “For the record, I love dumplings, I love black-eyed peas and I love cornbread,” he announced during a session.

He left out Al Jolson.

8 Likes

She won’t run for President - she will have no support.

Oh yes she will!

Watch her run as the Green Party candidate hoping to be the 2024 Jill Stein who puts Trump back in the White House.

2 Likes

And she’ll be secretly funded by the ratf*cking RNC, no doubt…

2 Likes

Trump’s now going to be operating on pure undiluted HATE &
He will be on a quest for revenge from this point … until he dies …

18 Likes

Trump has been on a quest for revenge since the doctor that delivered him at birth slapped his ass and started him breathing.

21 Likes

Whenever I see items from Uline being used in stores where I shop, I tell them about the family who owns it. They created a myth about themselves that people swallow.

read the story

22 Likes

Why isn’t Ms Taylor Green barred from the House chambers? She’s a health hazard who is probably using her campaign funds to pay these fines.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available