Jan. 6 Panel Did Not Ask Cipollone To Confirm Hutchinson’s Testimony

Former White House counsel Pat Cipollone reportedly was not asked to confirm shocking testimony by Cassidy Hutchinson, former aide to White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, during his roughly eight-hour interview with the Jan. 6 Select Committee on Friday, according to CNN and the New York Times.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1423434

Trump has been whining about having no non-RINO Republicans on the committee to defend him. If that’s true, he ought to be asking for an indictment in which he’ll be able to offer whatever kind of BS defense his crack legal team can pull our of their posteriors.

19 Likes

But then again.

Kinzinger said that “at no point was there any contradiction of what anybody said,” saying that details on Cipollone’s testimony could be included in the panel’s upcoming hearings.

Bear in mind, also, that it’s in Patsy Baloney’s best interest to forget what he said to people.

50 Likes

Meadows allegedly replied, “He doesn’t want to do anything, Pat,” Hutchinson testified.

Seems like some people did not want to cross a path and get a plate thrown at them.

Just what is Cipollone’s job as WH Counsel if he "was not providing legal advice to staff regarding movements on Jan. 6 " ?

14 Likes

Since he worked for DFG, Cipollone was there to protect his boss.

11 Likes

Don’t even give the drowning bastards a straw to grasp at. I’m liking it.

27 Likes

“Two people familiar with Cipollone?” They got quotes from two unnamed, unknown secondary sources who at best can provide hearsay. Why doesn’t the press ask Cipollone? It sounds like more of the same pissant press agent excuse for journalism to me.

19 Likes

The DC Press Corpse once again reciting Republican talking points.

15 Likes

Does anybody disagree?

65 Likes

Cipollone’s job is just to wipe food off the walls and pick up broken expensive White House crockery. And then to tell trump how great he is and he’s the greatest human ever in human history cuz reasons.
Oh and that he won the 2020 election…right?

14 Likes

It probably was a stipulation for Cipollone to be interviewed. No questions that could draw the wrath of the tyrant.

10 Likes

Tell me about it. I just watched 45 minutes of “Meet The Press” that focused almost exclusively Republican talking points. That is 45 minutes I will never get back. On the bright side I turned it off with 15 minutes to go.

23 Likes

What has the tyrant got on the goobers that they;re so goddamned afraid of him? At this point all he is …is a doorman/greeter at a resort in Florida.

11 Likes

The House Jan. 6 committee Saturday issued a statement describing the input of an ex-White House lawyer as “reinforcing” alleged misconduct by former President Donald Trump.

The idea that the former Trump White House counsel Pat Cipollone might have confirmed other witnesses’ damning accounts in his much-anticipated private interview Friday was initially tempered by the possibility that he may have invoked executive privilege, a legal concept intended to allow presidents to speak freely with legal advisers.

Responding to multiple reports that Cipollone had invoked that privilege during his daylong testimony under subpoena, a committee spokesman suggested a different storyline.

“In our interview with Mr. Cipollone, the Committee received critical testimony on nearly every major topic in its investigation, reinforcing key points regarding Donald Trump’s misconduct and providing highly relevant new information that will play a central role in its upcoming hearings,” the statement from House Select Committee spokesman Tim Mulvey read.

It continued: “This includes information demonstrating Donald Trump’s supreme dereliction of duty.”

43 Likes

It’s a conditioned response? Some people are still afraid of the playground bully.

4 Likes
49 Likes

I hope Cipollone sweat puddles during his interview. Not only are several members of the Committee former federal prosecutors, but most of their staff members are too. Also, the Committee has gathered extensive information without any leaks, and Cipollone should be smart enough to be wary of not fibbing.

33 Likes

Trump and Steve conspiring to change the subject. Ain’t gonne happen.

31 Likes

I thought Cipollone’s client was the U.S. government, or more specifically, the offices of the Presidency and Vice Presidency.

27 Likes

So in FOXNews world, I guess just the fact he testified to the J6 committee proved Hutchinson lied.

10 Likes