Jan. 6 Committee Asks Ivanka Trump To Cooperate With Investigation

The Jan. 6 Select Committee on Thursday sent a letter to Ivanka Trump asking for her voluntary cooperation with its investigation into the attack on Congress.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1402129
1 Like

Not. A. Chance. Daddy still holds the checkbook.

21 Likes

She won’t flip on TFG, but if I was Jared, Eric or Dotard Jr., I’d be sweating…

41 Likes

Waste of time unless the committee wants advice on how to hire a nanny.

12 Likes

Poetic justice would be questioning her for days…

Refusing to let her use any of the Capitol toilets…

And forcing her to rent an apartment just to use its restroom.

(Jared, also too.)

87 Likes

The bad days for donald continue.

30 Likes

The little factual bits the committee is dropping in their letter is telling the toadies that the committee already has the goods on them, and it’s time to start making a deal.

78 Likes

How will this affect her run against Marco Rubio for his senate seat?

21 Likes

Why are they still “inviting” testimony, especially when the invitee may be looking at criminal penalties? Go directly to subpoena and cut out some of the stalling. I’d like to see democracy saved and invites won’t do it.

14 Likes

She will probably plead the Fifth Avenue, excuse me the Fifth Amendment…

74 Likes

Yes.

I’m not a fan of Succession, but as I watched the one episode of it that I’ve seen, I couldn’t help but thinking, “They’re writing about the Trumps, aren’t they?”

14 Likes

Hi I!
Just a quick status update:

Best!
The J6 Nine

47 Likes

The circle is getting smaller…and smaller, closer…and closer.

HA!

38 Likes

Not a fan? How is that even possible?

6 Likes

It’s a mash up of the trumps and the Murdochs

7 Likes

By releasing the invitation, we see the juicy details of exactly what she is refusing (or agreeing) to talk about. The plot thickens.

45 Likes

“That morning, Trump told a raucous crowd at the Ellipse that they should march to the Capitol, promising them that he would march along with them.”
March? He meant golf cart ride.

10 Likes

:clap:

4 Likes

This is like the old Mad Magazine strip where the settlers in the besieged wagon train and see a cloud of dust approaching. But instead of the cavalry it turns out to be more Indians.

Cue the theme from Jaws.

14 Likes

She won’t flip on Jared. Never. She’d throw her father under the bus first. Jared is the father of her kids. She hates her TFG.

23 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available