Jan. 6 Committee Asks Ivanka Trump To Cooperate With Investigation

Can congress compel a witness to testify against her husband, err, I mean daddy?

7 Likes

Not so sure, after all Jared steals enough for them to live on now.

14 Likes

You know what Congress has that it can use to compel witnesses - not a lot of anything. There’s no general family immunity; there is just husband and wife immunity or privilege actually. Marital privilege.

4 Likes

Esp. the son who looks almost exactly like Don, Jr.

1 Like

Now if he had said, “I will ride in my golf cart to the Capitol alongside you!” Well, that would have been damning!

The letter noted that Chief of Staff Mark Meadows claimed in his book that Trump “was making a symbolic point,” never intending to actually march himself to the Capitol.

20 Likes

My sympathies to the child.

2 Likes

“If POTUS allows this to occur…we’re drive a stake in the heart of the federal republic,”

Isn’t driving a stake through the heart what you do to vampires? What a telling choice of metaphor.

8 Likes

As Ivanka, burned by an SNL parody, explained early on in Daddy’s term, hell yes she’s complicit. She just might want to look up the definition this time around.

6 Likes

Well, it’s as any number of characters in that one episode kept saying: That nothing means anything, that nothing matters. Okay, then–why do these things if they have no meaning?

All that’s left is power/control for its own sake; ideally, power should have some sort of justification for being wielded, even if for “wrong” reasons, in order for it to be explicable. Just speaking for myself, mind you, but the Trumps gave me daily doses of that kind of amorality for six years now, and that’s quite enough for me.

15 Likes

Too many ramps between the White House and the Capital.

11 Likes

I even like the opening credits. (And I get the feeling I’m not the only one who does.)

1 Like

She is probably trying to spin a way to blame everything on Melania.

26 Likes

Asking Ivanka to testify is a dead end. The Queen doesn’t betray her King.

1 Like

No, it was just two hours of mutual “feeling up”

25 Likes

Ten to one that Melania has already told all she knows about Ivanka to either the FBI or the NYAG’s office.

Or both. Most likely both.

44 Likes

Fair enough.

For me, I can’t enough of the Roys. The writing is amazing, the season finales are to die for…and Brian Cox!

7 Likes

That’s what happens with valid answers.

20 Likes

Perfect opening credits. Perfect ending to every episode.

3 Likes

Wonder if she regrets being the POS’s daughter? Feeling the heat of being a WH advisor?

3 Likes

Next season will turn on the plastic nemish Jared ‘Wambsgans’ Kuchener.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available