James Murdoch Resigns From News Corp Board

The mind of Lachlan:

http://www.petermaass.com/articles/how_lachlan_murdoch_went_from_studying_philosophy_to_exploiting_white_/

4 Likes

As someone with Irish heritage, I’m sure I have some Aussie relatives I haven’t tracked down yet. My grandfather joined the British Army out of sheer desperation, but when his service ended and he returned home, he had to flee to America, because the IRA viewed him as a traitor and were looking for him.

7 Likes

He and brother Lachlan forced Ailes out when they learned he was a sex assaulter. Dad’s on a long honeymoon and wants to keep it that way.

@mattinpa @thunderclapnewman

6 Likes

James was the least sociopathic member of the family.

12 Likes

He doesn’t like it. You’re confusing him with Lachlan.

2 Likes

No comment! Let’s see where this goes if anywhere. Spent the last few nights rewatching the Showtime story on Roger Ailes with Russell Crowe in the fat suit. If you haven’t seen it it is very worthwhile.

2 Likes

His sister Liz isn’t a horrible person in my dated experience. I went to school with her. Her later corporate track record suggests she’s more like James (as does her past in school).

It may be when the old man dies changes will happen as impressionistically Lachlan is the only one that’s full out rabid like the father.

10 Likes

Wondering if he was applying any sort of brakes to the crazy train during his tenure and if things are going to get even worse just in time for election season.

2 Likes

James hasn’t been associated with FoxNews for several years now.

2 Likes

ICYMI:

Ties that bind Trumps and Murdoch’s
greed for power and money!

9 Likes

In a joint statement, his father Rupert Murdoch and brother Lachlan said, “We’re grateful to James for his many years of service to the company. We wish him the very best in his future endeavors.”

Seems rather cold in regards to a family member. Boxing Day must be a hoot at the Murdoch compound.

4 Likes

Descendent of deported Irish convicts. My ancestor was involved in protests and a small but significant rebellion. He was convicted of sedition and after hard labour in Bermuda, South Africa rejecting more convicts, ended up in Australia. The Murdochs - I can’t think of anything polite to say.

4 Likes

I guess there’s always one in the family
:fearful:

You know we’re all aboard the Trump Train to Crazytown?

2 Likes

Sleepé la Goon

4 Likes

If you look at the history of, say, the Rum Corps, it may seem like there were periods during which the transported convicts were more honorable than those who guarded them.

And their descendants in today’s Australia are friendly and generally law-abiding. So much for the theories of an inherently “criminal class”

well, excepting maybe la famiglia Trump.

5 Likes

with a short attention span.

3 Likes

Well, to be fair we have tended to chase people like Murdoch out. Pity he landed in the States, but see my quote at the start of this subthread
 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Luckily for Jerry Hall.

3 Likes

I’ve always thought that the Kevin Kline, “Rod McCain” character in “Fierce Creatures” was a send up of Rupert Murdoch.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available